Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddisk

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to update any L920 to GDR2/Amber in 13 easy steps!

Could some one who has used both the French and Euro version explain which version is better . I have a L920 and am thinking of flashing but undecided which version of the rom to go with . I am on US T-Mobile
Thanks

36dbldz

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

Hi guys! My 920 is from at&t and it's unlocked by code (currently in Claro-Guatemala) if i flash my phone with these files my phone will still remain unlocked?

does the phone have to be unlocked to do this? I have an att 920 on att (locked)

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

I have completed this process on my att Lumia 920. Been running a few days now. My only issue seems to be that I get terrible service or no service in places I used to have it. I have tried all three settings in the access point to no avail. Is anyone else having this issue?

Well it's not that you have terrible signal, att has always modified those settings so that it fools the phone that you have better signal than what you actually have.

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

Guys, I CANT FIND Speech to Text, like in messaging and stuff. My dad's AT&T lumia 920 has it. mine doesn't after flashing this ROM. Please help. I didn't know I would lose a feature...

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Guys, I CANT FIND Speech to Text, like in messaging and stuff. My dad's AT&T lumia 920 has it. mine doesn't after flashing this ROM. Please help. I didn't know I would lose a feature...

That's weird.. Mine has it. Its in messaging, in the app bar, theres three buttons: send, attach, and speak.

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

That's weird.. Mine has it. Its in messaging, in the app bar, theres three buttons: send, attach, and speak.
I get send, attach and switch (between text and Facebook) everything is turned on in my settings.

christopherbarran

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

All you have to do is press the Windows button to start speech. If anything is amiss it will drop you into the settings for speech. I had to install the English UK voice before mine would work.

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

All you have to do is press the Windows button to start speech. If anything is amiss it will drop you into the settings for speech. I had to install the English UK voice before mine would work.

I meant Speech to Text in Messaging people etc..the option is just not there. I went into Settings>Speech, everything is enabled.

Wilsen Hernandez

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

Isn't there like a unbranded global ROM? With all the functions and no restrictions? I just purchased a 920 to replace my Lumia 800 which died and I'm waiting for it to be delivered to me in the upcoming weeks (Bought from Amazon and I'm outside of USA)..

And the first thing I want to do when I recieve it, is flash from it any 'rare' (asian-european) ROM it could come with. Replacing it with a clean GDR2 ROM.
2 friends had that experience, bought phone from Amazon like me and they recieved phones with a lot of Chinese Rare Apps installed. If I get a phone like that too I want to flash it as fast as I can.

So, is there an unbranded global ROM? or something like that which isn't the French ROM? (which I guess comes default to French)

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

I just installed the euro dev rom. I've been testing it all evening and it looks like tethering is a no go. I downloaded the Arabic keyboard which updated the rom and tethering worked fine for a few hours (I don't think it's the Spanish kb in particular that will trick it). I started testing my mms and realized it wasn't working so I played around with the apn settings. My mms started working but tethering stopped. I probably only tether my Surface twice or 3 times a month anyway when I'm out of WiFi range. I have 2 lines on a mobile share plan so tethering is actually provisioned for my account. I was also having some intermittent WiFi issues but it only happed a couple of times in the beginning and hasn't happened since. But I guess this is the price you pay for an unbranded global rom.

So far, GDR2 and Amber is turning into a really nice updates. Photos kick **** and Pro Cam and Smart Cam are very nice apps. Data sense is just great! I think I'm happy overall.

Big thanks to Juan for everything!

Vikram Dinesh

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

A cousin of mine bought an unlocked AT&T L920 from the US and he is now in India. So can I use the Indian Amber ROM instead of the French one?

mamoranto

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Just curious, I updated to the Euro rom and now my Kid's Corner max volume is 13. It used to be 19. Are you guys getting the same max volume? Thanks.

jcvciii

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

@revfast I understand that how the signal is displayed has been modified, but when I'm in places I normally have full service, I get no service. I live in Boston and pretty much never had an issue with having anything but full service.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Isn't there like a unbranded global ROM? With all the functions and no restrictions? I just purchased a 920 to replace my Lumia 800 which died and I'm waiting for it to be delivered to me in the upcoming weeks (Bought from Amazon and I'm outside of USA)..

And the first thing I want to do when I recieve it, is flash from it any 'rare' (asian-european) ROM it could come with. Replacing it with a clean GDR2 ROM.
2 friends had that experience, bought phone from Amazon like me and they recieved phones with a lot of Chinese Rare Apps installed. If I get a phone like that too I want to flash it as fast as I can.

So, is there an unbranded global ROM? or something like that which isn't the French ROM? (which I guess comes default to French)

You can flash the unbranded ROM from India

Ronnie Alfred

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

Not sure why, but after flashing the French rom, my screen no longer rotates. Anyone else with this issue?

whonnocker

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

Hello ... Firstly, thank you for the rom guide .... just excellent ( hopefully, we will be able to continue to update this way for GDR3 and 8.1 etc ). Secondly, is there any way to remove the " French " from Nokia Music ? Thank you for expertise and time.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello ... Firstly, thank you for the rom guide .... just excellent ( hopefully, we will be able to continue to update this way for GDR3 and 8.1 etc ). Secondly, is there any way to remove the " French " from Nokia Music ? Thank you for expertise and time.

I'm glad you found it helpful! I don't know what you mean about the "French" in Nokia Music. Do you mean that the app menus are in French instead of English?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium