Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to update any L920 to GDR2/Amber in 12 easy steps!

Ill be nice to see what this att dev rom brings to the plate, how about the 1330 rom ?? Any body have any info on it ??

ziggygod

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

I want to flash my phone but are there any apps out there that saves what apps you downloaded, the settings, and the tile placements? I could take a screenshot of it all but that would be so tedious. -_- lol

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

I want to flash my phone but are there any apps out there that saves what apps you downloaded, the settings, and the tile placements? I could take a screenshot of it all but that would be so tedious. -_- lol

Go to Windowsphone.com and log in, then check your App history

Erik Zellinger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

I have been following this thread and decided to flash to the At&t Dev ROM yesterday. I have had a few issues with this rom. I have a tethering plan so when I first flashed it I went into settings to see if it would work. I got the msg to call At&t, so I did the keyboard trick and it worked. I noticed the WiFi connection would be on but it would use cellular data sometimes. I will keep an eye on that and report back to you. And the only other thing as of right now is the cellular connection. Sometimes I will have full bars and then there will be no bars. Once that happens it seems to jump back to close to full bars again. Call quality hasn't been a issue but its just what I noticed. Also it used to say LTE next to the reception on the original stock rom and now it only has a L next to the reception. I have noticed an H also next to the bars of reception. Like I said it hasn't been a problem yet because I haven't been on the phone when reception goes to nothing. If there is anything else I can think of I will add it later. Thanks

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

I have been following this thread and decided to flash to the At&t Dev ROM yesterday. I have had a few issues with this rom. I have a tethering plan so when I first flashed it I went into settings to see if it would work. I got the msg to call At&t, so I did the keyboard trick and it worked. I noticed the WiFi connection would be on but it would use cellular data sometimes. I will keep an eye on that and report back to you. And the only other thing as of right now is the cellular connection. Sometimes I will have full bars and then there will be no bars. Once that happens it seems to jump back to close to full bars again. Call quality hasn't been a issue but its just what I noticed. Also it used to say LTE next to the reception on the original stock rom and now it only has a L next to the reception. I have noticed an H also next to the bars of reception. Like I said it hasn't been a problem yet because I haven't been on the phone when reception goes to nothing. If there is anything else I can think of I will add it later. Thanks

Did you pick LTE1 or LTE2 in access point? And what stock rom was it on?

somubtech

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

I flashed AT&T rom this evening, and I had the same problems as "Erik Zellinger".

I tried both LTE1 & LTE2 - I only get 3G, and it shows H occasionally. I checked the network speed, and I can confirm that it is not 4G/LTE.
If anyone figures out how to enable 4G/LTE, please do post it here. Thanks.

Other than the above issues, everything went fine, and all the apps are working smoothly.
I am planning to flash AT&T Rom as soon as it gets released.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

I flashed AT&T rom this evening, and I had the same problems as "Erik Zellinger".

I tried both LTE1 & LTE2 - I only get 3G, and it shows H occasionally. I checked the network speed, and I can confirm that it is not 4G/LTE.
If anyone figures out how to enable 4G/LTE, please do post it here. Thanks.

Other than the above issues, everything went fine, and all the apps are working smoothly.
I am planning to flash AT&T Rom as soon as it gets released.

Did you check under settings > cellular > highest connection speed > 4g? It should already be enabled. My speeds at night with little to no congestion in New York City are around 17-20 mbps range which is definitely LTE. During the day I usually get 10-15 mbps which isn't bad for NYC. Also, unfortunately, you can't go back to the stock AT&T rom. No one has found a way yet. Something happens when you flash the Rogers rom that prohibits you from flashing back to the AT&T stock rom.

I've been running the AT&T Dev rom for a couple of days now. Tethering still works, speeds are great, and network connections are solid... I'm definitely happy. I haven't seen the wifi issue but I guess that's because most of the time I'm on cell data and when I do use wifi, I always shut off my cell data connection.

somubtech

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Did you check under settings > cellular > highest connection speed > 4g? It should already be enabled. My speeds at night with little to no congestion in New York City are around 17-20 mbps range which is definitely LTE. During the day I usually get 10-15 mbps which isn't bad for NYC. Also, unfortunately, you can't go back to the stock AT&T rom. No one has found a way yet. Something happens when you flash the Rogers rom that prohibits you from flashing back to the AT&T stock rom.

I've been running the AT&T Dev rom for a couple of days now. Tethering still works, speeds are great, and network connections are solid... I'm definitely happy. I haven't seen the wifi issue but I guess that's because most of the time I'm on cell data and when I do use wifi, I always shut off my cell data connection.

I did check the settings, and it is set to 4G. I use to get 17+ mbps, now I am getting only 3-4mbps. I believe im stuck with 3G :(
Have couple of questions - Does your phone show 4G/LTE? Are you using LTE1 or LTE2? Did you just follow this post or you had to something different to get 4G.

Just noticed that I do have the wifi issue on phone.

I hope someone finds a way to flash the AT&T stock rom. fingers crosses.

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Any ideas? I have tried every suggestion in this thread but I cannot get my phone into the mode to start flashing the 820 rom I held down the volume button waited for the vibrate and pressed retry. Also tried with power and volume down as well as waiting for the exclamation point to go away and pressing it. Also tried power and volume down and then holding in volume up to get the lighting bolt and gear screen and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

buddha747

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

I saw somebody, either here or XDA saying that reflashing solved the LTE issue for them, maybe that would work?

Last edited:

dimpex_01

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

Thank you. The flash process was quick and painless. Running Amber on my Lumia 920 now.
P.s.: I had one major remark. Please add in first post:
2.1. Do not start Nokia Care Suite before point 2.2.
2.2. Extract usergroupsconfiguration.cfg to C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5.0 or C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5.0 for 64-bit (Be sure to overwrite) After that it was OK.

Last edited:

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I just had another thought about flashing and not being able to go back to at&t rom... Will I lose my at&t locker 50GB privileges?

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

I did check the settings, and it is set to 4G. I use to get 17+ mbps, now I am getting only 3-4mbps. I believe im stuck with 3G :(
Have couple of questions - Does your phone show 4G/LTE? Are you using LTE1 or LTE2? Did you just follow this post or you had to something different to get 4G.

Just noticed that I do have the wifi issue on phone.

I hope someone finds a way to flash the AT&T stock rom. fingers crosses.

I did nothing special. Followed Juan's directions using VisceralMonkey's soft-reset method (post #34) and everything worked fine. There seems to be people who are happy with either LTE1 or LTE2. I chose LTE2 because I've always prefered the "phone" apn over the "pta" apn. I haven't had a problem yet. The Euro Dev and AT&T roms I flashed show "L" meaning LTE. I can see L, H+, H, E ( I've never been in a situation to see G).

epzelli

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

I flashed my 920 to the ATT Dev Rom. Everything went smoothly. I also have an L where the LTE used to be on the stock rom. I fooled with the APN settings but it didn't matter. I did a speed test and are getting 4G/LTE speeds. I noticed under cellular settings under highest connection speed it is set to 4G. On the stock original rom it had LTE as an option but whatever as I am getting good speeds. Also I pay for tethering, so when I flashed it I got the msg to call ATT. I downloaded the Spanish keyboard and now I have tethering back. I also noticed when having wifi on it would still use cellular data sometimes. Will have to keep an eye on it.

I just wanted to say, before I flashed it to the ATT Dev Rom, I flashed it to the Rogers Rom. After I flashed it to the Rogers Rom I went through 3-4 OTA updates and that got me to the AMBER most recent. I didn't have to flash it using the French or ATT Dev rom. I only had it on the Rogers Rom for about a half hour then decided to flash it to the ATT DEV Rom. As far as the Rogers Rom, I did notice I had LTE and not the "L" on the ATT Dev Rom. Didn't notice anything else as I was only on the Rogers Rom for a short time. Just thought I would add this to the original post. Thanks

hoovermac

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to update any L920 to GDR2/Amber in 13 easy steps!

That's because LTE IS 4G. LTE is a 4G technology...in the same way that UMTS and HSPA are 3G technologies...
Ummm - yeah, I knew that. What I was trying to point out is that my pre-flashed L920 (and my Z10) showed 4G and LTE on the same networks where my flashed L920 with the AU CV ROM displayed H+ and 4G with no connectivity issues whatsoever. All the designations (4G, LTE, and 4G-LTE) are used in North America depending on the carrier - it could cause some confusion if someone wanted to flash the non-North American ROM and saw 4G (i.e., no LTE) as the highest possible connection speed.

somubtech

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

I did nothing special. Followed Juan's directions using VisceralMonkey's soft-reset method (post #34) and everything worked fine. There seems to be people who are happy with either LTE1 or LTE2. I chose LTE2 because I've always prefered the "phone" apn over the "pta" apn. I haven't had a problem yet. The Euro Dev and AT&T roms I flashed show "L" meaning LTE. I can see L, H+, H, E ( I've never been in a situation to see G).

This morning at work I did see L on my phone, and I immediately checked the speed.. I got 20mbps.. wow! So, thats a good news.
But I have reception issues, signal drops intermittently for no reason. I will try to switch to LTE2 and see if it helps with reception.

Regarding tethering, I have a paid plan for tethering. I was able to get it working, however, when I removed the Spanish keyboard, tethering didnt work. Should I download and do not delete it?

VisceralMonkey

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Just a quick update: My tethering that was enabled by this thread/French ROM and the spanish keyboard trick is still working. No issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb