Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

epzelli

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to update any L920 to GDR2/Amber in 12 easy steps!

Well, I decided to flash back to the Roger Rom last night and everything went smoothly. I have the "LTE" next to the reception bars instead of the "L" like on the ATT Dev Rom. I had to so the keyboard trick in order to get the tethering to work, but when I checked the tethering this morning it wasn't working. Gives me the call ATT or go to the website. For whatever reason the tethering stopped working. The reception is more stable on the Rogers Rom rather than the ATT Dev Rom. Also, once connected to WiFi it actually uses the WiFi connection. On the ATT Dev Rom I noticed even though I was connected to WiFi, it would still use cellular data. I am happier with the Rogers Rom. Just need to figure out the tethering.

EngineerTuna

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to update any L920 to GDR2/Amber in 13 easy steps!

I'm trying to updte my AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 black to amber but stuck on the step 5. Product Support Tool does not allow me to click on programming as you see in the screenshot.
Can anybody help me on this? I'm using the files shared on the skydrive
View attachment 40503

I'm having the same problem. I reinstalled. My system is Windows 7 x64 Enterprise (all updates done, and all programs installed as instructed.)

Ohsneezeme

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I can't get past step 5. I keep getting an application error from NCS. Error code: ",",hexadecimal value 0x00. is an invalid character. Line 1.0, position1.

Mio_WP

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site

Sure. I flashed to Portico and got Amber OTA

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Don't want to hijack the thread but for people having issues w/ reception can try the EURO Dev ROM (Product Code 059R4H6), the signal is definitely better than the stock Rogers ROM (RM-820 w/ AWS) on LTE/HSPA+.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

This morning at work I did see L on my phone, and I immediately checked the speed.. I got 20mbps.. wow! So, thats a good news.
But I have reception issues, signal drops intermittently for no reason. I will try to switch to LTE2 and see if it helps with reception.
with many folks here reporting connections issues on GDR2/Amber, I am wondering if that is a hold-up in ATT's release which they are trying to fix together with Nokia.

bglf83

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

Only issue that I have experienced is related to tethering. I pay for tethering, so I do prefer that it works.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_246 using Tapatalk

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Don't want to hijack the thread but for people having issues w/ reception can try the EURO Dev ROM (Product Code 059R4H6), the signal is definitely better than the stock Rogers ROM (RM-820 w/ AWS) on LTE/HSPA+.

I was on the Euro Dev rom and while I thought I was having stellar reception, it actually was very bad. My phone would be showing full bars and then all of a sudden I'd get a bunch of voicemails, texts or emails out of nowhere. The reason I flashed the at&t dev rom was because the day before, there was a period of 3 hours where my phone was showing reception while it actually wasn't. The at&t dev rom has definitely been much better. Or course different people in different regions will have different results.

invictus_7

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to flash ATT Lumia 920 with amber

so... what rm820 should I flash? the one in the description (from skydrive) or the one from 4shered?

Ashish Arora

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

I want to flash ATT Lumia 920, In that case i need to follow from step 1 till step 8 & have to use Roger RM820 ROM...Am i right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium