Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Another update. I flashed to att rom straight from the French rom, with no problems. Also, after I chose LTE 2 in access point and downloaded the Spain keyboard, I have internet sharing on my phone, and its nor in my att plan. I have rebooted the phone a couple of times, and it looks like its here to stay! I think that this rom might be better than the French rom. Now to catch some Z's before the first day of school!

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to update any L920 to GDR2/Amber in 12 easy steps!

Another update. I flashed to att dev rom straight from the French rom, with no problems. Also, after I chose LTE 2 in access point and downloaded the Spain keyboard, I have internet sharing on my phone, and its not in my att plan. I have rebooted the phone a couple of times, and it looks like its here to stay! I think that this rom might be better than the French rom. Now to catch some Z's before the first day of school!

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site

Its seems rotation is not working at all. My phone took a big hit before, and I just got a new screen installed. I must have damaged the gyro in it.

edv, Try taking a picture in landscape mode, and then seeing what its orientation is in the gallery. My 920 is experiencing some orientation issues at the moment as well - the screen will not change from portrait to landscape in any app, even the camera - and yet images taken in landscape orientation will be correctly displayed as landscape in the picture gallery.

I should also mention that I haven't tried to flash this update - I'm on at&t and am still using the stock rom.

invictus_7

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

I flashed the norway country variant rom. I have NO issues at all! Everything works just fine, even internet sharing. Thanks for the guide, dude! ;)

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Another update.. Internet sharing still works perfectly! And no other issues :) for those on at&t, this (at&t dev rom) is definitely a better option.

mamoranto

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Another update.. Internet sharing still works perfectly! And no other issues :) for those on at&t, this (at&t dev rom) is definitely a better option.

Can you turn on your Kid's Corner and check what the maximum volume is? Thanks in advance.

gaspo53

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

Hi! Can I install it in a Lumia 920 from Movistar Argentina? (RM-820_Ita_Ita1_259)

gaspo53

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

Last questions. Is this a Dev ROM or a final ROM? (Lumia 920 Rogers 3047.0000.1326.2001 Available).

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

hi Juan, see this post by jojapath and his other posts above that. Apparently somebody on XDA was able to get back to the ATT stock. It's important NOT to run any updates on the pre-portico Rogers once that is flashed and you will be able to flash back to ATT stock. Any updates will ruin that. See OP here. Knowing there is a way back to stock makes the decision to try this even easier. Seems confirmed to me, but maybe before you update your OP needs another confirmation?

Wilsen Hernandez

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

Recieved my new 920 four days ago.

I used Field Test to have the phone 3G Only (I have good reception in my zone).. then I decided to update to Amber OTA, I didn't want to wait 'cause my internet is freaking slow and now Field Test doesn't work.

No ##3282, No ##3282#, none of them works.. Does anyone know how to fix this? Is there a way to fix this without flashing another ROM?

I'm on RM-821_eu_italy_310, that's the one that came with the phone.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Recieved my new 920 four days ago.

I used Field Test to have the phone 3G Only (I have good reception in my zone).. then I decided to update to Amber OTA, I didn't want to wait 'cause my internet is freaking slow and now Field Test doesn't work.

No ##3282, No ##3282#, none of them works.. Does anyone know how to fix this? Is there a way to fix this without flashing another ROM?

I'm on RM-821_eu_italy_310, that's the one that came with the phone.

you want to change the network speed? Just go to settings, then cellular or mobile network, and then choose a speed. E, 3G, 4G, etc.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

hi Juan, see this post by jojapath and his other posts above that. Apparently somebody on XDA was able to get back to the ATT stock. It's important NOT to run any updates on the pre-portico Rogers once that is flashed and you will be able to flash back to ATT stock. Any updates will ruin that. See OP here. Knowing there is a way back to stock makes the decision to try this even easier. Seems confirmed to me, but maybe before you update your OP needs another confirmation?

I hadn't seen that. Thanks. I will check it out.

Wilsen Hernandez

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

you want to change the network speed? Just go to settings, then cellular or mobile network, and then choose a speed. E, 3G, 4G, etc.

I have done that already, the problem with that is that it sometimes swtich to E, even when I know I'm in a zone with good 3G reception

gaspo53

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

Ok guys, I've just upadted my Lumia 920 =).
Tip: I'm from Argentina (Movistar network), and with the first ROM (Rogers), it fails (FFU file is not meant for this product). The thing is, if it happens, you just have to flash the France ROM directly.

All working, AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077