Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to update any L920 to GDR2/Amber in 12 easy steps!

Announcement: Someone with an att branded phone Sa?d That There Is a way to go back to the stock att ROM. the way to this is to flash the Rogers ROM, then not do any over the air updates. Then, You should ne able to flash back to the stock ROM. While I have not tester this myself, some people claim that they have done it. Has anyone successfully done this? If I can get confirmation that this works, I can update the Original Post with this information. Thanks. :)

lateofN8

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

Where to find the ATT Dev ROM? Is it the same as the newest Rogers Amber?

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

I was able to flash to the att dev rom directly from the French rom!!

Marcelo Moreno

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Hi. Thank you for this info!

My question is:

If you had a ATT ROM (RM-820)... why, after going through Rogers Portico Rom, would you install a French Amber Rom (RM-821) and not Rogers Amber Rom (RM-820)? Can I go on with the Rogers one instead of the French one?

Thank you

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

My question is:

If you had a ATT ROM (RM-820)... why, after going through Rogers Portico Rom, would you install a French Amber Rom (RM-821) and not Rogers Amber Rom (RM-820)? Can I go on with the Rogers one instead of the French one?

Thank you

The reason for using the French ROM is because it is unbranded, ie no carrier logo in boot up. You can definitely stay on the Rogers rom if you want.

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

What the heck, my Lumia 920 suddenly stopped sending media messages on this ROM, I tried all the Access points, I still cant send a screenshot to my friend. Why is this? why the sudden error?

jerkel

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site

What the heck, my Lumia 920 suddenly stopped sending media messages on this ROM, I tried all the Access points, I still cant send a screenshot to my friend. Why is this? why the sudden error?

Same here! I'm on AT&T with a Rogers branded ROM.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Is your cellular data on?

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

hahah yes it is on, I am not THAT stupid :) still can't send media stuff via messages

yes, I was having the same problem. However, I'm on the att dev ROM. But now it seems to be working again. Does it work now for you?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had difficulty getting NCS to see the downloaded firmware? It's in the right location and verified through the settings.

When I go into Refurbish it says

Current Software version: 1232.5962.1314.0001
New Software Version: Not Available

*** Nevermind *** I figured it out finally. I was looking at instructions for doing a normal reflash of the phone.

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
yes, I was having the same problem. However, I'm on the att dev ROM. But now it seems to be working again. Does it work now for you?

no it still doesn't work, I switched the access points, restarted the phone. Still I get the message starting with "Can't send" 😞 ...

UPDATE: It is working again, I can send and receive again. But I would like to know why this happened. Something like this happened in the past after I flashed this ROM. Any idea why?

Last edited:

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
no it still doesn't work, I switched the access points, restarted the phone. Still I get the message starting with "Can't send" 😞 ...

UPDATE: It is working again, I can send and receive again. But I would like to know why this happened. Something like this happened in the past after I flashed this ROM. Any idea why?

I don't think that its tied to flashing your phone. Att isn't the best network...

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

My question is:

Thank you
Of Course you can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077