Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I have Red Lumia 920 on AT&T. I did Rogers recovery and do not get internet. I do get rogers boot up screen. I do not have keep wifi alive option as well.

you need to connect to WiFi and check for updates. The reason that you can't keep WiFi alive when screen is off is because the Rogers ROM is pre-portico. The first version of WP8. You need to flash that version, then update, then It'll let you flash the French ROM.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
by the way i was not able to install NCS from your link due to error, so I downloaded from GUIDE post.

try rebooting your phone, and then see if you have a data connection. I will re-check my SkyDrive files, but many people have used them with no problems.

rakocool

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Still did not work. not sure why internet does not work. Is there a way I can reset (factory reset) will that help any? can I get back to at&T or try RM-821?

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Still did not work. not sure why internet does not work. Is there a way I can reset (factory reset) will that help any? can I get back to at&T or try RM-821?

try to flash rm-821, but I doubt it would help. You can also go back to att or factory reset

rakocool

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
ok. I got it working through Wife's Lumia Internet sharing hotspot. not sure why my WIFI did not get internet even though it connected fine. I am using same wifi before my adventure to upgrade. it is taking forever to prepare to install. At least I can proceed to next steps. Thank you so much Juan6996.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
ok. I got it working through Wife's Lumia Internet sharing hotspot. not sure why my WIFI did not get internet even though it connected fine. I am using same wifi before my adventure to upgrade. it is taking forever to prepare to install. At least I can proceed to next steps. Thank you so much Juan6996.

cool, let me know how it goes!

pmc64

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes.

I started with stock att on my phone. I flashed it to rogers did the ota update to amber, then flashed it to the French, then flashed it to the dev rom. Does any of the stop me from going back to rogers?

Last edited:

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the Lumia 920 for ATT US.

I get the following error message when trying to flash rm-820

Please help..

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    40 KB · Views: 171

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes.

I started with stock att on my phone. I flashed it to rogers did the ota update to amber, then flashed it to the French, then flashed it to the dev rom. Does any of the stop me from going back to rogers?
nope, you can go back to Rogers, both pre portico or amber.

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Someone HELP! I have a Nokia Lumia 920 for ATT in the US. It is not unlocked.

I downloaded rm-820 and rm-821. I extracted both folders to the "products" folder.

I am using windows 7 so it is located in programs (x86) > Common files > Nokia >Data package > Products.

I open Nokia Care Suite, product support tool for store 5, care suite external to sign in, i click file then check work offline, i click file, open product and type in rm-820.

I click programming then recovery.

I click update list and NOTHING shows up.

Alternativley, I go online and download using product code.

I download and get to the instruction screen to hold down power and volume down.

I plug in my phone to the usb. I power off and hold power and volume down. The phone vibrates and starts up which it would do anyway because the phone is plugged.

I press retry.

The Nokia logo on my phone goes to the top of my screen on phone slightly bigger rather then the usual middle of screen.

Then I get an error that I attached.

I DONT GET IT!

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    40 KB · Views: 161

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
You need to load the product before connecting the phone. Start the recovery and wait for it to tell you how to put the phone into recovery mode. Do this, quickly attach and retry the recovery.

The instructions everyone has posted leave these parts out.

TennesseeLerch

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Someone HELP! I have a Nokia Lumia 920 for ATT in the US. It is not unlocked.

I downloaded rm-820 and rm-821. I extracted both folders to the "products" folder.

I am using windows 7 so it is located in programs (x86) > Common files > Nokia >Data package > Products.

I open Nokia Care Suite, product support tool for store 5, care suite external to sign in, i click file then check work offline, i click file, open product and type in rm-820.

I click programming then recovery.

I click update list and NOTHING shows up.

Alternativley, I go online and download using product code.

I download and get to the instruction screen to hold down power and volume down.

I plug in my phone to the usb. I power off and hold power and volume down. The phone vibrates and starts up which it would do anyway because the phone is plugged.

I press retry.

The Nokia logo on my phone goes to the top of my screen on phone slightly bigger rather then the usual middle of screen.

Then I get an error that I attached.

I DONT GET IT!

My c:\programData folder was hidden. I had to manually type in the address in windows explorer then moved my folders there. After doing this you should see the desired rom when you click the update list button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6