Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Someone HELP! I have a Nokia Lumia 920 for ATT in the US. It is not unlocked.

I downloaded rm-820 and rm-821. I extracted both folders to the "products" folder.

I am using windows 7 so it is located in programs (x86) > Common files > Nokia >Data package > Products.

I open Nokia Care Suite, product support tool for store 5, care suite external to sign in, i click file then check work offline, i click file, open product and type in rm-820.

I click programming then recovery.

I click update list and NOTHING shows up.

Alternativley, I go online and download using product code.

I download and get to the instruction screen to hold down power and volume down.

I plug in my phone to the usb. I power off and hold power and volume down. The phone vibrates and starts up which it would do anyway because the phone is plugged.

I press retry.

The Nokia logo on my phone goes to the top of my screen on phone slightly bigger rather then the usual middle of screen.

Then I get an error that I attached.

I DONT GET IT!

The folder doesn't look correct. However, you should be able to change the package location in the settings.

pmc64

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I can go back and forth between the french and att dev roms. I follow the exact same procedure and the rogers pre portico gives me an error. Is there a problem with my phone, the files, or nokia care? Any one have any ideas?

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
It worked. I was able to flash the Rogers rm-820.

I unplugged the phone and connected to my wifi.

I'm now at settings > phone update. The status is on "checking for updates". It's been like that for a long time now. Turned phone off and back on and it's still stuck on "checking for updates".

Is this normal? Hopefully it is.

I appreciate everyones help. I'll let you all know how it goes.

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
It's not downloading the update. It's just stuck on "checking for updates". Also, whats a long time? Hours, a day? Do I have to keep the phone unplugged? I don't want the battery to die. Thanks.

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't send voice notes or pics through text messages. Also, my phone is a lot slower.

Update:
I switched to LTE 2 and it seems to be working now.

Last edited:

Mind Synthetic

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, have a quick question regarding OTA update (s). my friend is flashing his phone as we speak and after flashing to rogers, we have updated the phone, checked once more if there are more updates, and there are. should we keep updating until there are no more left? or can we proceed to next flash?

thanks in advance.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, have a quick question regarding OTA update (s). my friend is flashing his phone as we speak and after flashing to rogers, we have updated the phone, checked once more if there are more updates, and there are. should we keep updating until there are no more left? or can we proceed to next flash?

thanks in advance.

You only need to update once. Good luck!

Mind Synthetic

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
thanks, yeah i just got a text from him, he stayed up all night updating it HAHAHA. Well in any case he got amber now, so thank you for your help. But he noticed that he can no longet switch call waiting/forwarding ON if he is on 4g, only on 3g he is able to turn that feature on. i checked my phone, and its the same way. does anyone else have this problem? or was it alwasy like this, cant recall. it seems for both of us it tells us to swtching our cellular to the highest network speed, and the highest we we can go is 4g, which is esentialy LTE. any ideas?

Thank you so much

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
thanks, yeah i just got a text from him, he stayed up all night updating it HAHAHA. Well in any case he got amber now, so thank you for your help. But he noticed that he can no longet switch call waiting/forwarding ON if he is on 4g, only on 3g he is able to turn that feature on. i checked my phone, and its the same way. does anyone else have this problem? or was it alwasy like this, cant recall. it seems for both of us it tells us to swtching our cellular to the highest network speed, and the highest we we can go is 4g, which is esentialy LTE. any ideas?

Thank you so much

It's not a problem. 4G (LTE) is used for data only. 3G (HSPA/HSPA+) is used for voice calling. So, technically, when you call someone or someone calls you, your phone switches to 3G to enable the call. You can test this yourself by calling someone and looking at the top of the screen - LTE disappears and H or H+ appears. So, when you try to toggle call waiting and call forwarding while on LTE, it won't work since LTE doesn't connect to the 3G voice network. If you manually switch your data connection to 3G, you will see that you can toggle those settings.

zerocal

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to update any L920 to GDR2/Amber in 12 easy steps!

Announcement: Someone with an att branded phone Sa?d That There Is a way to go back to the stock att ROM. the way to this is to flash the Rogers ROM, then not do any over the air updates. Then, You should ne able to flash back to the stock ROM. While I have not tester this myself, some people claim that they have done it. Has anyone successfully done this? If I can get confirmation that this works, I can update the Original Post with this information. Thanks. :)

So decided to switch back and getting the following after trying to install the Rogers FW

0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.
Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.MurzimProgrammingException: 0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__8(Object state)

Using the same FW I used when first flashing.

So any updates on reverting back to stock?

urbanleyend

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Step 5: Choose Programming (bottom left), and Recovery. Then click Update List, select the rogers ROM (rm-820), and click Start.......rom rm-820 dont appear help

Mark Richey

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I am using an AT&T branded phone, unlocked on a completely different carrier. Must I go through the AT&T steps? I really am wanting to wait, but I hear too many horror stories on AT&T updates, and my big fear is they are going to forego GDR2 and wait for GDR3 for a cumulative update. Add several weeks to that for AT&T and we are talking 1st Q 2014.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I am using an AT&T branded phone, unlocked on a completely different carrier. Must I go through the AT&T steps? I really am wanting to wait, but I hear too many horror stories on AT&T updates, and my big fear is they are going to forego GDR2 and wait for GDR3 for a cumulative update. Add several weeks to that for AT&T and we are talking 1st Q 2014.

yes, you must follow all the at&t steps. And your phone will remain sim-unlocked.

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
That's largely the same problem I'm having at the moment. I've flashed the Rogers ROM and am trying to go to ATT Dev Rom, but can't manage to get the phone into recovery mode now. If I hold the volume down button for a long time while starting up I get the exclamation mark, but every other time it boots up to the OS. Dang :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12