Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
That's largely the same problem I'm having at the moment. I've flashed the Rogers ROM and am trying to go to ATT Dev Rom, but can't manage to get the phone into recovery mode now. If I hold the volume down button for a long time while starting up I get the exclamation mark, but every other time it boots up to the OS. Dang :(

Alternatively, you can just keep doing OTA updates until you're updated to Amber straight from the Rogers ROM.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't wait anymore and did this last night. Everything is working good so far, and while I don't need to tether its great that I have that option now. I am already paying for data, at&t should not have any right to charge in how it is used. Glad to have datasense, need to set that up and try it. Thanks!

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Alternatively, you can just keep doing OTA updates until you're updated to Amber straight from the Rogers ROM.

Yeah, that's what I eventually ended up doing after trying "volume down + power button" a dozen times or so. I've been lurking on this thread for a few weeks now, my willpower lowering with every "Amber update arrives for (insert Lumia device here)" article that hit the site. I was just afraid of getting my $400 phone borked because I was too impatient to wait. Thank you so much for the guide and ongoing support, Juan!

Now just watch as AT&T releases the update tomorrow, lol.

Ege Karabacak

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the guide you done but ota updates come online for my phone but i left the country and now phone cant find updates says your phone is up to date but it runs 1308 instead of 1326 :D

corbyj

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Yea, I cant get the Nokia Pro Cam app either, I even tried sideloading it using the developer tools. Also, my data speed has dropped tremendously after the update. I was at 20-30 Mbps before where now i'm doing good to hit 4Mbps and that's trying both LTE-1 and LTE-2 AP's. As nice as the update is I might go back to an att rom when they come out or even try another rom.

Martin Alejandro

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, thanks OP for this awesome guide but I have a small question, it works with a retail version? I mean, the unlocked version that any retail sells, I'm from Argentina, I don't know if flashing with this ROM will affect anything like the 3G bands or something.

Thanks!

Mart?n.

retro_to_biggy58

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
guys, please help. The product support tool cannot recognize my lumia 925.

by the way, My firmware is 10328.WP8_CXE_GDR2(wpbldlab).20130613-1716 and product code is 059S539

lumia 925.png

i think it is a developer phone or a test phone.

thanks for those who will help me.

Last edited:

Joey Fong

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to flash ATT Lumia 920 with amber

Everything was going fine, however, in the middle of flashing my phone, an error popped up on my computer screen and the flashing stopped. My phone turned off and it won't turn back on. Methinks this is not a good sign. Any ideas?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
i have overcome this but now i have different problem now when i start i swith the phone to flash mode while plugged in it shows me '' ! '' symbol and restarts and launches the phone again always same help me please

Uncheck Automatic Product Detection, then select open product from File menu, select product, select Programming, Refurbish

Capture.JPG

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

My computer won't even recognize the phone because I can't even turn on my phone. I'm pretty sure the battery had plenty of charge when I started the flashing process, so I don't think that should be the problem.

Plug your phone into the charger, and hold down Power, Camera, and Vol down keys. It should turn on. It has to be connected to the charger.

Joey Fong

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

Plug your phone into the charger, and hold down Power, Camera, and Vol down keys. It should turn on. It has to be connected to the charger.

Tried that just now; didn't get any results. I think the issue is that the flashing process was interrupted, thereby leaving me with a completely wiped phone with no OS on it.

Samvel87

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just successfully flashed my phone. Amber apps installed just fine. Can't comment on tethering as I don't use it. Thanks for the guide, Juan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12