Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

not sure where you got your info from. The answer is no. It is not possible to flash back to att stock once you do a single ota on the pre portico Rogers.
A single person at xda made the claim, however many people have since tried with no luck (including people in the same thread on xda).

Last edited:

sddjd

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
indeed, it will take a looooooong time just as Juan explained in OP. Although it took only 15min on mine. It probably depends on your WiFi and your provider speeds. Also, when it "prepares" for the update it sat at least 10min on mine at 100% (in which time it would heat up quite a bit and drop and get 4G). Just be patient it will eventually keep going.

Goin' on 37 minutes now with "checking for updates...". Had a heck of a time getting it to stay connected to my wifi, but now I'm getting concerned that I'll run out of battery. Will plugging the phone in to power hurt the process, or just to power via a pc/usb? Thanks!

Edit: should have posted earlier; as soon as I did it began prepping an update :p

Last edited:

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Goin' on 37 minutes now with "checking for updates...". Had a heck of a time getting it to stay connected to my wifi, but now I'm getting concerned that I'll run out of battery. Will plugging the phone in to power hurt the process, or just to power via a pc/usb? Thanks!

yeah, it takes quite a long time. You should be fine plugging in your phone.

h11wiscan

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
i got an error when doing the phone update after flashing the rm-820...i go to the software update section and it downloads the updates, but when it attempts to install it gives an error and says it cant install the update...any ideas??

also tried restarting the phone, and downloading the update again...still, didnt work, downloads the entire update then it got to 99% on the installation and jumped back down to 95% and stalled...

maybe without my sim it will work? idk if its because of the region differences between the rm-820 rom and the stock att rom?

Last edited:

loveleo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
how do you tell the field test is working or not? I tried to see whether mine is working properly with juan6996's SkyDrive French rom and don't know how to interpret the result.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20131001_0003.png
    wp_ss_20131001_0003.png
    76.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

h11wiscan

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
finally got past the update screen, was doing the entire update process on the phone and then it was booting up and i got the gears.... =/

i figured that always happens during updates but how long does it take?? did it hang up on you guys like the factory reset? how long should i wait until I try doing a hard reset?

Karan Bhutani

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.
I m getting the following error while flashing to rm-821 indian whilte..plz help

Karan Bhutani

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.
I m getting the following error while flashing to rm-821 indian whilte..plz help

h11wiscan

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Just finished it...was worried it didnt work a couple times...if you are patient, read, re-read, and double check your steps, you will get it.

Also BE PATIENT.

Thanks Juan!! Awesome work. :excited:

drsnq

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Worked perfectly, just took a while. I'm on ATT and i have the roaming symbol using ATT LTE 1, I assume that'll always be there?

sddjd

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Had the same thing after completing the flash. After switching to LTE2, then setting my max speed to 4G (under cellular), THEN going back to LTE1 the roaming symbol disappeared. Not sure why, but might be worth a shot.

jwaisanen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
i'm on AT&T with a year old phone, so i'm not too worried about warranty issues. AT&T had its head in the sand, so mostly i'm interested in unlocking the new features that my device can handle, such as FM radio and improved camera software.

any easy options that don't involve intentionally bricking my phone for a replacement?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
to those who updated to Rogers Amber/GDR2, are you still seeing a Rogers boot logo? I flashed pre-portico, did the update to portico and then flashed the latest Rogers Amber/GDR2 available through NCS. The Rogers boot logo disappeared. It goes straight from Nokia to WP boot logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb