Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have the product code for it or know how to look it up?

RM-820 NDT AMERICA ATT White 059N5T3
RM-820 NDT AMERICA ATT Yellow 059N5T5
RM-820 NDT AMERICA ATT Black 059L848
RM-820 NDT AMERICA ATT Red 059N5T7
RM-820 NDT AMERICA ATT Cyan 059N5T9
RM-820 NDT AMERICA ATT Grey 059N5T1

Dylan O Brien

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I think I bricked my nokia, I was trying to reinstall the french variant and something about the package failed mid way through, now the phone is stuck on a red nokia screen. Any help?

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
that is why I stayed with Rogers Amber which is RM-820. I will try this at some point if nobody else did. It theoretically should work to install the ATT Amber over the Rogers Amber (both rm-820). The difference will be that the ATT Amber doesn't have data sense.
Before I do this I will do I direct comparison between my wife's ATT Amber and my Rogers Amber on ATT to see if it's even worthwhile doing that. Knowing that it works would be nice though.

downloading the ATT rom now.

edit1: so far I can't tell a difference. speeds and signals are identical which would be major reason to switch. I can't tell the difference except that mine doesn't have ATT boot logo and reports canada in settings/info. Whatever the reason was that ATT had to hold this back it must have been with the upgrade process itself or some interaction with their apps.

I'm sorry. Did you install the official ATT GDR2 ROM?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry. Did you install the official ATT GDR2 ROM?

I did not install it yet. I am currently comparing my wife's Lumia 920 with ATT Amber and my Lumia 920 with Rogers Amber. sorry for the confusion.
Seeing that everything is identical (except boot logo and data sense) I do not see the point of flashing the ATT Amber. I may if I get bored.

Last edited:

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I did not install it yet. I am currently comparing my wife's Lumia 920 with ATT Amber and my Lumia 920 with Rogers Amber. sorry for the confusion.
Seeing that everything is identical I do not see the point of flashing the ATT Amber. I may if I get bored.

So, the official ATT ROM has no att boot screen and includes Data Sense? Its the same as Rogers Amber/Att Dev ROM?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh, ok. Thanks. So there's basically no reason to go official unless for warrantee issues (or if you want slower updates haha).
exactly. Would be great if somebody would try to confirm that the switch is possible though.....
We know from some people it is NOT possible to flash the ATT Amber rom over the French Amber rom (or the Euro Dev) because these are RM-821.
Unless this is of any help in that case.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
exactly. Would be great if somebody would try to confirm that the switch is possible though.....
We know from some people it is NOT possible to flash the ATT Amber rom over the French Amber rom (or the Euro Dev) because these are RM-821.
I will try it once I get my 1020 in the mail. I need to reset my 920 anyway for my dad's use :p

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Its definetly possible to go from French amber to Att dev ROM. I did it myself some weeks ago. Don't exactly remember the process though...

iLLGT3

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I enjoyed the short time I spent with the ROM's in this thread but I'd like to switch back to the official AT&T update now. I'll keep posted here if anyone ever posts how to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb