Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I enjoyed the short time I spent with the ROM's in this thread but I'd like to switch back to the official AT&T update now. I'll keep posted here if anyone ever posts how to do so.

same way. You download the rom through NCS and then flash over your current and hope it works. Since we don't know your current Rom (French?) it's anybody's guess.
assuming that you still have NCS installed.
1) open NCS application launcher
2) open Product support tool for store
3) Click on Tools then Firmware Download
4) type in your product code
Code:
RM-820 NDT AMERICA ATT White [B]   059N5T3[/B]
RM-820 NDT AMERICA ATT Yellow [B]   059N5T5[/B]
RM-820 NDT AMERICA ATT Black [B]   059L848[/B]
RM-820 NDT AMERICA ATT Red [B]   059N5T7[/B]
RM-820 NDT AMERICA ATT Cyan [B]   059N5T9[/B]
RM-820 NDT AMERICA ATT Grey [B]   059N5T1[/B]
5) Download
6) Back to Product Support Tool, File Open Product, RM-820
7) Programming/Recovery you should see the rom you just downloaded with the correct code.
it should look like this:
att amber.JPG

then follow Juan's instructions to flash it from here.....step 9, 10, .... (instead that 9 is the last step above with the ATT Amber rom)

Last edited:

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I enjoyed the short time I spent with the ROM's in this thread but I'd like to switch back to the official AT&T update now. I'll keep posted here if anyone ever posts how to do so.

How did you do that? Were you able to go straight to the AT&T Amber/GDR2 from the French ROM or did you need to load the AT&T Dev ROM first?

iLLGT3

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
same way. You download the rom through NCS and then flash over your current and hope it works. Since we don't know your current Rom (French?) it's anybody's guess.

Yeah, I believe it's the French one. RM-821 from the OP. Help me here for a second. "download the rom through NCS." Do I use the cracked one from the OP or can I get the full updated version? ..and then how do I go about downloading the ROM through NCS? Does it do that for me?

Seen your updated post. Cheers

How did you do that? Were you able to go straight to the AT&T Amber/GDR2 from the French ROM or did you need to load the AT&T Dev ROM first?

I haven't done it yet mate. I'm hoping to try very shortly.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I believe it's the French one. RM-821 from the OP. Help me here for a second. "download the rom through NCS." Do I use the cracked one from the OP or can I get the full updated version? ..and then how do I go about downloading the ROM through NCS? Does it do that for me?
Please see my post above.....Report back if it worked. According to deafpatrick from the previous page it did not work for him because it's going from rm-821 to rm-820. Maybe you have better luck.

iLLGT3

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Please see my post above.....Report back if it worked. According to deafpatrick from the previous page it did not work for him because it's going from rm-821 to rm-820. Maybe you have better luck.

I'll certainly give it a go!

EDIT: Didn't work.

ibldQRolTRzEpa.PNG

ivankan

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Did not work for me either... I believe its because RM-821 != RM-820. I tried the trick to put the 820 files into the 821 folder, but it gave me a FUU error saying it did not match!

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Did not work for me either... I believe its because RM-821 != RM-820. I tried the trick to put the 820 files into the 821 folder, but it gave me a FUU error saying it did not match!
That is what I keep saying but not everybody believes me.....
That makes three just in this thread that tried unsuccessfully going from French Amber back to ATT Amber. (821 to 820)
I am holding my breath for Rogers Amber to ATT Amber (820 to 820).

sorry it doesn't work. However, I wouldn't worry too much. You will likely get your updates faster or same time compared to ATT. AND you got data sense!

iLLGT3, I realize it didn't work but won't hurt to click the thanks button ...

All, we may have to go back to some portico rom before we can upgrade to ATT Amber.

PS: It's a risk I took when I flashed my ATT phone to another rom. I am perfectly fine with it not working. I would see it a benefit but not a necessity.

Last edited:

asiancuta

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I did not install it yet. I am currently comparing my wife's Lumia 920 with ATT Amber and my Lumia 920 with Rogers Amber. sorry for the confusion.
Seeing that everything is identical (except boot logo and data sense) I do not see the point of flashing the ATT Amber. I may if I get bored.

does it allow you to download Nokia Pro Cam?? i have yet to succesfully download it on the flashed ROM from this OP.
any issues using the Wifi proxy? does it compromise your passwords and what not since the proxy server is on another unknown computer??

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
does it allow you to download Nokia Pro Cam?? i have yet to succesfully download it on the flashed ROM from this OP.
any issues using the Wifi proxy? does it compromise your passwords and what not since the proxy server is on another unknown computer??

download SysApp Pusher and get Nokia Pro Cam or use the proxy server I listed a few pages earlier. You use the proxy server temporarily to get the link. It will not compromise anything.

asiancuta

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
nvm. just saw the previous post on it and just downloaded Nokia Pro Cam. F'n FINALLY been spending all week trying to find a different way around the proxy server technique. didn't want another computer possibly grabbing my info. was tempted to try to find a way to flash back to the ATT rom, but F waiting a year for the next update lol. I wish i could "like" this post even more. without it i wouldn't have had an Amber update that makes my 920 running so much smoother and better than when i originally bought it from ATT :)

asiancuta

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
download SysApp Pusher and get Nokia Pro Cam or use the proxy server I listed a few pages earlier. You use the proxy server temporarily to get the link. It will not compromise anything.

it's actually in the Nokia collection of the app store. maybe ATT was being honest and working with nokia on the update. :\ wouldn't put money on it. but glad to see it FINALLY pop up in the app store. no issues installing and actually playing with it now :) changed it to my default camera button app :D

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I will try to flash my Rogers Amber/GDr2 (RM-820) to ATT Amber/GDR2 (RM-820) on the weekend when I have more time and report back unless somebody else has already reported on the outcome.

MekkelRichards

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
After flashing to the Amber Rogers ROM on my ATT 920, data seems to be MUCH slower.

I am using StraightTalk and previously on the ATT ROM I was getting "LTE."

Wondering if I need to change my apn settings for LTE? I have already changed them to what a few YouTube videos have suggested to no avail. Wondering if maybe this rom has some limitations when it comes to using it with StraightTalk.

Thanks!

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
After flashing to the Amber Rogers ROM on my ATT 920, data seems to be MUCH slower.

I am using StraightTalk and previously on the ATT ROM I was getting "LTE."

Wondering if I need to change my apn settings for LTE? I have already changed them to what a few YouTube videos have suggested to no avail. Wondering if maybe this rom has some limitations when it comes to using it with StraightTalk.

Thanks!
Not sure what the problem may be. After I flashed to Rogers Amber/GDR2 I did not notice any decay in speeds. I get the same download and upload speeds as my wife's L920 from the same spots, pretty much same speeds I had before. Since my wife's L920 went to ATT Amber/GDR2 today I still measure almost identical speeds in upload/download. It doesn't matter whether I am on LTE1 or LTE2 in the Nokia Access Point app.

MekkelRichards

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what the problem may be. After I flashed to Rogers Amber/GDR2 I did not notice any decay in speeds. I get the same download and upload speeds as my wife's L920 from the same spots, pretty much same speeds I had before. Since my wife's L920 went to ATT Amber/GDR2 today I still measure almost identical speeds in upload/download. It doesn't matter whether I am on LTE1 or LTE2 in the Nokia Access Point app.

Only difference here is that I am on straight talk and the apn settings are nearly a mystery as to what exactly they should be set to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion