Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I went to the RM-821 french and then tried the ATT DEV as per xda using the chinese download and went back to rm-820. Now did the firmware download and all I get is the error message when doing the flasing process

yeah, you confirmed what some others have reported too.

ATT Dev Amber/GDR2 --|--> ATT Amber/GDR2
French Amber/GDR2 --|--> ATT Amber/GDR2
Euro Dev Amber/GDR2 --|--> ATT Amber/GDR2

Rogers Amber/GDR2 --?--> ATT Amber/GDR2

as mentioned earlier. maybe a more elaborate process is necessary and we have to go back to a portico rom before we can flash the ATT Amber GDR2

Abelardo Dauhajre

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
yeah, you confirmed what some others have reported too.

ATT Dev Amber/GDR2 --|--> ATT Amber/GDR2
French Amber/GDR2 --|--> ATT Amber/GDR2
Euro Dev Amber/GDR2 --|--> ATT Amber/GDR2

Rogers Amber/GDR2 --?--> ATT Amber/GDR2

as mentioned earlier. maybe a more elaborate process is necessary and we have to go back to a portico rom before we can flash the ATT Amber GDR2

So should I go and do the OP flash from scratch. Right now I'm running the Rm-820_nam_canada_246

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
So should I go and do the OP flash from scratch. Right now I'm running the Rm-820_nam_canada_246

If I tried to go back to ATT stock, that is one option I would keep in mind if everything else fails. But I can already tell you that some tried to flash the pre-portico Rogers and it wouldn't work. So it may or may not work. this is unexplored territory until somebody tries.

by flashing we took the risk of not being able to go back. If it is possible - great. If it is not possible that is perfectly fine with me. It would be comforting to know but it's not a necessity.

good night for now.

deafpatrick

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I was on the French RM-821 rom. I just downloaded product code 059R2L5 from Navifirm and was able to successfully flash down to RM-820 ATT Developer. Unfortunately flashing the latest ATT ROM on top of this fails. I am trying a couple other things and see if I can work around this.

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Quick question for people who flashed to Rogers.

I've been having a strange WIFI issue where my phone won't reconnect to the router after I go out of range and come back. It keeps saying "Connection unsuccessful" unless I switch my wifi off and then turn it back on. It'll do that for everything...basically if I leave the initial router that it's connected to, it'll refuse to connect to anything until the wifi switch is turned off (or the phone is reset). It's not a huge issue because my data is unlimited, just annoying that I have to toggle that switch off and on every time I return back to my house.

Is this a known issue? Any ideas for things I can try?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Quick question for people who flashed to Rogers.

Is this a known issue? Any ideas for things I can try?

Rogers Amber/Gdr2 here and no such issues. It may well be a router issue. E.g. My router keeps dropping my wireless hp printer once in a while. The only way for me to get the printer back to the wan is a router reboot.

Have you tried to play with WiFi advanced settings? Eg keep WiFi on when screen times out or automatically connect to...
Just a thought

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Rogers Amber/Gdr2 here and no such issues. It may well be a router issue. E.g. My router keeps dropping my wireless hp printer once in a while. The only way for me to get the printer back to the wan is a router reboot.

It does that everywhere I go, though. For example, If I try to use the wifi at work I have to switch the phone's wifi off and back on again.

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to keep screwing around with the advanced wifi settings (few though there are) and see if I can get a configuration that works for me. It's not a deal breaker...I still don't regret flashing my phone several weeks back. AT&T dragging their feet on this update just wore me down.

All of the boxes are checked in the advanced settings at this point. Had it like that before flashing and it worked fine, but I'll try some other configurations.

MekkelRichards

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Maybe we should all try together in a group effort to contact Nokia to ask them how we can take our phones from any point to the Official ATT Amber update. I have a feeling this could work instead of us all going through this intense trial and error timesuck.

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
Its definetly possible to go from French amber to Att dev ROM. I did it myself some weeks ago. Don't exactly remember the process though...

I don't suppose you can provide some info on what you remember? Might help me figure this out. If I figure out anything I'll be more than happy to post here my findings.

ivankan

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to go from French amber to ATT rom. I tried everything using NCS, NSU for Retail. My concern from reading the RM-821 ROM is missing some of the bands used in the US (1700 MHz) please correct me if I'm wrong. Since I'm using my L920 on T-Mobile, that band may be helpful! I'll report back if I find anything.

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to go from French amber to ATT rom. I tried everything using NCS, NSU for Retail. My concern from reading the RM-821 ROM is missing some of the bands used in the US (1700 MHz) please correct me if I'm wrong. Since I'm using my L920 on T-Mobile, that band may be helpful! I'll report back if I find anything.

I don't think the rom replaces the radio but I could be wrong!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte