Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I don't suppose you can provide some info on what you remember? Might help me figure this out. If I figure out anything I'll be more than happy to post here my findings.

I was able to successfully get back to the lates Rogers build but could not update to AT&T from there. Also before that I tried installing the pre portico build of Rogers bur that did not work either. Hope this informations helps someone.

monte0

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
How do you get the calendar to show in English? I installed the language pack and applied but that didn't fix it. Also, how do you get it off military time?

abedauhajre

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't suppose you can provide some info on what you remember? Might help me figure this out. If I figure out anything I'll be more than happy to post here my findings.

I did it using the wphelper Chinese program that is shown on on xda developer.

Since it goes from French rm-821 to rm-820, maybe through them they cam do something to flash the att official. If someone in this forum knows Chinese and can contact them, it will be of great help.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
As others have already discovered, going from Rogers Amber/GDR2 to ATT Amber/GDR2 does not work just like from any other rom (I just tried this on mine). Honestly - this is perfectly fine with me (and I am actually pretty sure that as soon as I'd be finished with it I'd ask myself why in the world I went back). I am afraid it needs some deep digging into the rom settings to get this done (hopefully somebody at XDA can figure this out).

I cannot speak for other roms, but I've tested two phones side by side yesterday in different locations for connectivity and speed and performance. Download/Upload speeds and connectivity is the same whether I use my wife's L920 on ATT Amber/GDR2 or my own L920 on Rogers/GDR2 using the ATT network.
No issues on the Rogers rom whatsoever.

Maybe it took ATT so long to make sure NOBODY can flash this over any other rom than an ATT stock rom.

We probably need somebody from Nokia to help us out flashing back to ATT stock if it is ever needed.

PS: here is the link to Snickler's instructions on XDA
I did it using the wphelper Chinese program that is shown on on xda developer.

Since it goes from French rm-821 to rm-820, maybe through them they cam do something to flash the att official. If someone in this forum knows Chinese and can contact them, it will be of great help.

Last edited:

monte0

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I did a full reset and the calendar plus time fixed themselves. Now the only issue I've got is the glance screen is showing the time incorrectly while the rest of the phone is ok...any idea's?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I did a full reset and the calendar plus time fixed themselves. Now the only issue I've got is the glance screen is showing the time incorrectly while the rest of the phone is ok...any idea's?
shows time incorrectly as in totally screwed or off by a few hours exactly or 24h instead of 12h system? Check in settings/ date and time?

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I think ya all need to do a hard reset in settings -about -reset phone, you will still have gdr2 but on a clean slate, it has sorted out problems for loads of people

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
BTW: people are starting to post problems after upgrading to ATT Amber/GDR2.

1) Local Scout is not working
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/238465-45.htm#post2168305
xda-developers - View Single Post - Lumia 920 Amber Update via Rogers Dev ROM

2) Xbox music has issues

it took them so long and then they release a rom with problems? Sheesh
Weird, my local scout was also not working today- on the ATT DEV ROM. Might be a server-side issue.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
but no issues on my Rogers Amber/GDR2. Not saying that it would have worked all day, but in the last hour I checked a few times and it was working fine.

yup, mine is working fine now as well. I don't think its ROM-related. I hope there's a way to flash an international ROM on the 1020, AT&T ROMs suck.

james05gt

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Same here no issues with local scout, I'm also on Rogers amber/gdr2. I haven't really had any issues with the Rogers rom it's pretty stable and I get awesome battery life.

monte0

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I did another reset and it started working correctly. Thanks! One last issue or maybe more of a question. On the stock ATT rom it would show 3g or 4g next to the single strength bars. Not on the french rom it shows H or H+ sometimes. Is that there 3 and 4g??

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I did another reset and it started working correctly. Thanks! One last issue or maybe more of a question. On the stock ATT rom it would show 3g or 4g next to the single strength bars. Not on the french rom it shows H or H+ sometimes. Is that there 3 and 4g??

Basically, H = 3G and H+ = "4G" (not LTE, just HSPA+). You're getting the same speeds, just different icons.

pmc64

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I told them by battery was getting horrible battery life which was true. I charged it this morning and it was 100% then by like 12 it was at 40%.I charged it again and it was down to 48% at 4:00 and In the span of like 10 mins it dropped another 10%.

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
As others have already discovered, going from Rogers Amber/GDR2 to ATT Amber/GDR2 does not work just like from any other rom (I just tried this on mine). Honestly - this is perfectly fine with me (and I am actually pretty sure that as soon as I'd be finished with it I'd ask myself why in the world I went back). I am afraid it needs some deep digging into the rom settings to get this done (hopefully somebody at XDA can figure this out).

I'm totally fine with sticking with the french rom myself. I knew what I was doing and am greatful for the OP for posting how to get to this ROM so easily while I waited for ATT. I think I am more concerned about upgrading to 8.1/GDR3 when it is released soon but I think I will just flash then when it is released.

The french ROM has been working flawlessly since I installed it with the exception of tethering not working but that was because of me tinkering with the LTE settings (what the OP recommended not to do once you get it working).

I love this community and hope I can give back to it in some way which is why I posted my findings about the latest Rogers build working earlier. If I think of something else I'll quickly post it here.

Cheers all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786