Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

james05gt

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Updated to gdr3 also, pretty fast update! finally!! a custom tone for new txt message! now I can have my Star Trek notification sounds back in action.

bsd107

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I just updated to GDR3, but I now lost my ATT Tethering. And I pay for the tethering plan, too.....

To be clear, I'm not certain if the GDR2 hack broke my tethering, or GDR3, but either way it's no longer working for me.

pmc64

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
GDR3 is underwhelming. The only thing I really care about is manually closing apps. What does bitter sweet shimmer add? Just some glance screen colors and notifications?

bryanstevecl

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys. I found this thread awesome and I flashed the Amber Update to my Lumia 920 yesterday morning. Now, I have a question... How fast would I get the GDR3 if a want to wait until Nokia next update instead of flashing the developer version. I am from Colombia and don't know if the Amber update from Rogers you uploaded here and which I flashed will allow me to get the GDR3.

Desde mi Windows Phone usando Tapatalk

Last edited:

bsd107

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know how I can get Internet Sharing (tethering) working again on my ATT 920 which I flashed to Amber/GDR2 using the Rogers and French ROMs referenced here, then updated to the GDR3 developer preview?

I pay for ATT tethering, but it's not working anymore....

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know how I can get Internet Sharing (tethering) working again on my ATT 920 which I flashed to Amber/GDR2 using the Rogers and French ROMs referenced here, then updated to the GDR3 developer preview?

I pay for ATT tethering, but it's not working anymore....
Do you have the individual plan? Install the Spanish (Spain) keyboard in Settings. That should give you tethering. Do not go back to the Access Points again after that.

I have ATT shared plan and even at 1GB I have tethering. Don't need to do the keyboard trick at all.

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity, why does one need to download the Spanish keyboard? Is this like, a bug, that allows tethering if you have the Spanish keyboard installed? It's not like you need the Spanish keyboard if you actually have tethering on your plan.

bryanstevecl

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Guys I flashed the french rom... Which LTE bands will I have acces to? I need the 1700 band... By the way, has anyone figured out the FFU issue when flashing back to any other rom?

Sent from my Lumia 920

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity, why does one need to download the Spanish keyboard? Is this like, a bug, that allows tethering if you have the Spanish keyboard installed? It's not like you need the Spanish keyboard if you actually have tethering on your plan.

It recreates some settings when it reboots. Apparently that allows tethering.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Guys I flashed the french rom... Which LTE bands will I have acces to? I need the 1700 band... By the way, has anyone figured out the FFU issue when flashing back to any other rom?

Sent from my Lumia 920

Can only comment on ffu issue. See my lengthy post a few posts or pages above. Have not figured it out yet. Confirmed by others. Somebody said he was able to but I did not hear back from him yet. See details above.

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Kind of like the Rogers version so far. It has ability to set static IP on Wifi that is not available on other versions that I know off.

wow this is a first ?? are you ableto delete the apn under the Access Point app ?? can you provide a screenshot of this ???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb