Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanstevecl

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Can only comment on ffu issue. See my lengthy post a few posts or pages above. Have not figured it out yet. Confirmed by others. Somebody said he was able to but I did not hear back from him yet. See details above.

Have you tried flashing GDR3 and then back to any Amber ROM? Might work...

Sent from my Lumia 920

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
GDR3 is underwhelming. The only thing I really care about is manually closing apps. What does bitter sweet shimmer add? Just some glance screen colors and notifications?

depends on how you look at it, I agree that Microsoft is following behind by not adding features that are lacking on the OS for so long, I would've proactively added features like Notifications, VPN, Silent times(active notifications hrs). they are relying on 8.1 to finally catch up and be on par(if it even comes to that) I believe it should be the other way, I still believe that the re writing the OS turned out to be more than MS could chew, the API's needed by developers to provide us with quality apps (the whatsapp debacle). they need to add these features and API's to the OS on GDR's instead of big updates focus big updates to innovation, I think if we are all here is because we like what windows phone has to offer (and we hate iphone and android), Microsoft doesn't have the support of the big companies like google or facebook, I mean if you have to develop in house apps to be able to offer it to your customers is a bad sign, and you have to try harder. and the lack of these or quality of these will turn customers away. I believe nokia puts out outstanding quality products but the hardware is not the problem now its the software !!!!

hellboarder

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
It recreates some settings when it reboots. Apparently that allows tethering.

I had tethering not working on my Lumia 920 with GDR2 + Amber on the ATT DEV ROM, it was working briefly after the Spanish keyboard install but stopped shortly thereafter. I tried going back to the Stock ATT Rom which of course did not work, regardless of how far you flashed back.

Now after installing GDR3 it works again for me. What I did was flashing ATT DEV ROM GDR2+Amber freshly onto my 920, not bothering with the Spanish keyboard (French and English were pre-installed), deleted the French keyboard. Installed all my apps and settings back and then updated to GDR3.

Tethering is working well since yesterday.

bsd107

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the individual plan? Install the Spanish (Spain) keyboard in Settings. That should give you tethering. Do not go back to the Access Points again after that.

I have ATT shared plan and even at 1GB I have tethering. Don't need to do the keyboard trick at all.

Yes, I have an individual plan (5GB, which comes with tethering). After sending a few MMS messages, the tethering is now not working. I also installed the Spanish (Spain) keyboard but it did not help.

bsd107

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I had tethering not working on my Lumia 920 with GDR2 + Amber on the ATT DEV ROM, it was working briefly after the Spanish keyboard install but stopped shortly thereafter. I tried going back to the Stock ATT Rom which of course did not work, regardless of how far you flashed back.

Now after installing GDR3 it works again for me. What I did was flashing ATT DEV ROM GDR2+Amber freshly onto my 920, not bothering with the Spanish keyboard (French and English were pre-installed), deleted the French keyboard. Installed all my apps and settings back and then updated to GDR3.

Tethering is working well since yesterday.

Some are saying that the tethering will work for a while, until you send a few SMS/MMS messages. This seems to be what happened to me.

Can you please point me to instructions to get to the ATT DEV ROM? Is there any way to go to that from the Rogers/French ROM (the one described in this thread)?

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have an individual plan (5GB, which comes with tethering). After sending a few MMS messages, the tethering is now not working. I also installed the Spanish (Spain) keyboard but it did not help.
Did you switch the "Access Point" settings at all? That will kill your tethering capabilities (as I discovered).

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Did you switch the "Access Point" settings at all? That will kill your tethering capabilities (as I discovered).

Im running ATT straight talk on the ATT Dev rom and I haven't been able to remove the ATT APN settings, my internet sharing was working until yesterday when the phone someone reverted back to ATT 3g (I noticed because my internet stopped working) but when I switched back to the Straight talk APN my internet sharing stopped working.

There has to be a global non carrier ROM that wont phone home every time I want to enable this on my phone. Anybody else running Straight talk on a ATT 920 ??

Im wondering if it has to do with the ATT Straight talk sim ??

anybody with the Euro ROM or French rom that can chime in to see if I can remove the ATT APN's from the Access Point APP ??

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Some are saying that the tethering will work for a while, until you send a few SMS/MMS messages. This seems to be what happened to me.

Can you please point me to instructions to get to the ATT DEV ROM? Is there any way to go to that from the Rogers/French ROM (the one described in this thread)?
It is possible to switch from Rogers Amber/GDR2 to ATT Dev Amber/GDR2. Here is a link for ATT Dev. To get the ATT Dev you can also go here for direct download.

Last edited:

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Rogers is rm-820 and so is ATT Dev. I think Juan knows whether this is possible for sure. I think he wrote somewhere that he went from French (rm-821) to ATT Dev (rm-820). I let him confirm this though.

Yup. Originally I flashed the Rogers pre-portico, then French ROM. Then I flashed the ATT Dev ROM to try to get tethering working, and I don't remember having to do anything special; it just let me flash it. But I suppose YMMV.

bryanstevecl

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Yup. Originally I flashed the Rogers pre-portico, then French ROM. Then I flashed the ATT Dev ROM to try to get tethering working, and I don't remember having to do anything special; it just let me flash it. But I suppose YMMV.

Ok, I'll try and then I'll let you how it went. Thank guys you're the best.

Sent from my Lumia 920

bryanstevecl

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
does it look exactly like this? If yes, possibly the file is corrupted. re-download it or use a different source.

View attachment 47071

Here is the .vpl file for you to compare. See what happens if you use this intead.

Nope, it doesn't seem to work, I'm having the same problem. I'm downloading the version that appears right below the first one on the page you posted. The one that says
Variant ID : 7194071264
Varian Name : RM-820 AT&T DEVELOPER DEVICE BLK
Product Code : 059R2L5
Software Version : 1232.5957.1308.0001

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Nope, it doesn't seem to work, I'm having the same problem. I'm downloading the version that appears right below the first one on the page you posted. The one that says
Variant ID : 7194071264
Varian Name : RM-820 AT&T DEVELOPER DEVICE BLK
Product Code : 059R2L5
Software Version : 1232.5957.1308.0001

well that sucks, I posted the wrong link. I stopped reading after ATT Dev. that is the wrong one (portico) not Amber.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
So, I'm downloading the wrong rom? Then, where can I download AtT dev rom?
actually, I posted the correct link.

• Variant ID : 7251856722
  • Varian Name : RM-820 AT&T DEVELOPER DEVICE BLK
  • Product Code : 059R2L5
  • Software Version : 3047.0000.1326.2001

I really don't know why you didn't download the first one?

3047.0000.1326.2001 is Amber/GDR2

bryanstevecl

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
actually, I posted the correct link.

• Variant ID : 7251856722
  • Varian Name : RM-820 AT&T DEVELOPER DEVICE BLK
  • Product Code : 059R2L5
  • Software Version : 3047.0000.1326.2001

I really don't know why you didn't download the first one?

3047.0000.1326.2001 is Amber/GDR2

I did but that is the one giving me the VPL file problem, can I fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers