Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanstevecl

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
that should work too, although I have not tried the ATT Dev with the latest 2013 version. Hope it helps
don't forget to click the thanks button
cheers

edit: I just tried NCS v 5.0.0 2013.38.3 and the files passed.

I'm getting the same

C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-820\RM820_059R2L5_3047.0000.1326.2001_041.vpl has invalid signature.
Nokia.Packages.VariantPackage.DataPackage20.VariantPackageSignatureInvalidException: C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-820\RM820_059R2L5_3047.0000.1326.2001_041.vpl has invalid signature.
en Nokia.Packages.VariantPackage.DataPackage20.VariantPackageInternal.CheckPackageSignature()
en Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__8(Object state)

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting the same

C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-820\RM820_059R2L5_3047.0000.1326.2001_041.vpl has invalid signature.
Nokia.Packages.VariantPackage.DataPackage20.VariantPackageSignatureInvalidException: C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-820\RM820_059R2L5_3047.0000.1326.2001_041.vpl has invalid signature.
en Nokia.Packages.VariantPackage.DataPackage20.VariantPackageInternal.CheckPackageSignature()
en Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__8(Object state)
just to cover the basics:
once you open Product Support Tool (offline)
go to File, Open Product
type RM-820
then Programming/Recovery
Update List, check off update automatically (just in case, don't think it matters)

still not working? Then I hope somebody else has an idea. Cause I don't

Edit: Did you remove the CRC check numbers in front of the filenames? Take a close look at the image I posted. When you downloaded the files from the link I posted it contains the CRC numbers. The files have to exactly look like the ones in my posted image above and you need to remove these numbers. I think that is your problem

check here (I just googled "vpl has invalid signature" :) )

Last edited:

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the same

Use Nokia usb cable, don't use other brands

bryanstevecl

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I already flashed it. The problema was as I was focusin only on the VPL file and I hadn't realize I had also to remove the hash from the other files. Lol, sorry guys it was all my fault. Thank you for your patience and help.

da1stprince

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
for anyone interested, I found a solution to having a complete rom with working internet sharing after keyboard fix...I'm using the Euro Australian/new Zealand 3049 rom as an alternative to the French and Rogers 3047 roms and it is great! here is a review I posted on xda Dev, a part of the member "Snickler" thread: xda-developers - View Single Post - Lumia 920 Amber Update via Rogers Dev ROM I have reason to believe that internet sharing is permanently fixed because I started the access point app by accident after using internet sharing all day and it didn't break the feature on this rom, not sure what would happen if I updated access point app, but will test this later.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
for anyone interested, I found a solution to having a complete rom with working internet sharing after keyboard fix...I'm using the Euro Australian/new Zealand 3049 rom.
could you comment whether this would allow tethering on any plan, like the French rom, which lets you use tethering free even on a plan that you would have to pay for otherwise?

Mantraxalos

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
starting access point isnt the problem, switching from lte2 is what kills ics

for anyone interested, I found a solution to having a complete rom with working internet sharing after keyboard fix...I'm using the Euro Australian/new Zealand 3049 rom as an alternative to the French and Rogers 3047 roms and it is great! here is a review I posted on xda Dev, a part of the member "Snickler" thread: xda-developers - View Single Post - Lumia 920 Amber Update via Rogers Dev ROM I have reason to believe that internet sharing is permanently fixed because I started the access point app by accident after using internet sharing all day and it didn't break the feature on this rom, not sure what would happen if I updated access point app, but will test this later.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Will this work for the 520?
sorry for ignoring you but I would be surprised if it worked, although I've seen other people use this to flash other Lumia devices (have no links - sorry, just from memory). My guess is that the 520 is too different.
As long as you find the correct rom through ncs by using your product code, it should work. No idea whether the 520 rom has same features.
I am using Tether-X for tethering and it works fine. It's not a one-click solution but works between my L920 and Surface RT.

Last edited:

anon(344696)

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm having a really tough time flashing my Lumia 920. I flashed my AT&T 920 to the portico (I think) ROM. It may have been the French ROM, not really sure. All I know is my device by default goes into a different language when it boots for the first time.

I'm trying to flash back to the AT&T firmware. So I downloaded the RM-820 firmware and created a folder in NCS called RM-821, and copied all of the files there so that NCS would read it, since it thinks I'm using an RM-821 now. However it says my software status is "Not Upgradable", and when hitting start, it gives me a message saying the recovery failed, unable to get error message.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm having a really tough time flashing my Lumia 920. I flashed my AT&T 920 to the portico (I think) ROM. It may have been the French ROM, not really sure. All I know is my device by default goes into a different language when it boots for the first time.

I'm trying to flash back to the AT&T firmware. So I downloaded the RM-820 firmware and created a folder in NCS called RM-821, and copied all of the files there so that NCS would read it, since it thinks I'm using an RM-821 now. However it says my software status is "Not Upgradable", and when hitting start, it gives me a message saying the recovery failed, unable to get error message.
if you used the Rogers pre portico route, then we don't know a way back to att stock at this point. You should be able to flash the French amber rom though (or Rogers amber).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad