Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's probably what killed tethering, the updated Access Point only has one AT&T option. I wonder if a hard reset, install Spanish (Spain) keyboard would do it, but I'm not really feeling up to doing that right now. Hopefully someone else is feeling adventurous :p and can tell us the results. Sorry to hear about your MMS, mine still works.

the odd thing is my 1520 has the same updated access point with only 1 att option and everything works fine.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
This is what I did :

1. Go into Access Point
2. Set up a dummy apn (no valid settings details required) and activate it.
3. Activate your carrier's settings afterwards.

Worked for me :)

veneziaad

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I did the hard reset, installed Spanish keyboard and viola - tethering is back, and mms works too (at&t). YMMV - good luck!
Thanks for testing this out! I think I'll go ahead and do it then. Good thing GDR3 includes WiFi backup restore because I almost screwed myself trying to get it to download my stuff before Access Point let me choose an APN back when I flashed my 920 haha.

Edit: Confirmed, tether works again after a hard reset. :)

Last edited:

jpw21683

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
This is what I did :

1. Go into Access Point
2. Set up a dummy apn (no valid settings details required) and activate it.
3. Activate your carrier's settings afterwards.

Worked for me :)
This didn't work for me.

Dumb question: how do I hard reset? Is it the same as using the "reset your phone" button in Settings-->About?

jpw21683

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for testing this out! I think I'll go ahead and do it then. Good thing GDR3 includes WiFi backup restore because I almost screwed myself trying to get it to download my stuff before Access Point let me choose an APN back when I flashed my 920 haha.

Worked for me as well! Thanks, guys!

Coke Robot

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh my God...

After like three hours of figuring out what the hell was going on with Nokia Care Suite because it wasn't even showing the ROM list for anything, I finally figured it out. It was showing an error with that little cube on the bottom right part that said the data package couldn't be verified for something of such...

RUN THE DAMNED PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Ugh. I'm on Windows 8.1 x64 too if that helps.

Let's see if I'm successful in this...

realbob

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I got a used Lumia 920 from AT&T unlocked.

I am in Quebec and need it to me AWS for Videotron. I am always in roaming.
I installed AT&T 1314 then 1342, raoming.
So I installed Pre-Portico from Rogers, always roaming...
I insatlled EuroDev, 2 versions.... roaming....

Tried this also:
flash pre-Portico Rogers ROM
OTA-update to Portico Rogers ROM
flash Portico EURO1 DEV ROM (RM-821!)
flash Portico Rogers ROM
flash Portico LTA1 MX ROM
flash Portico GLOBAL BLACK SWAP ROM
no luck

Which firmware would enable the AWS band (1700 I think) ??

Last edited:

alanianm

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

New to the forum after just buying an unlocked AT&T Nokia 920. Don't like the AT&T crapware and and want to unlock the hidden features, i.e. tethering and datasense. Would this process of flashing the 920, set out in the OP, still be viable? And curious as to why the french rom is required? Can we not just use the Rogers rom, after it has been updated?

Cheers.

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

New to the forum after just buying an unlocked AT&T Nokia 920. Don't like the AT&T crapware and and want to unlock the hidden features, i.e. tethering and datasense. Would this process of flashing the 920, set out in the OP, still be viable? And curious as to why the french rom is required? Can we not just use the Rogers rom, after it has been updated?

Cheers.
Yes, the flashing process is still valid and current. I flashed my once-AT&T 920 using these instructions. Just follow the instructions fully and you'll have an unbranded phone with Data Sense and tethering (see last page for tethering trick). I can say this, you do need to flash the Rogers pre-portico rom in order to flash the French rom. It won't allow you to flash the French rom with the stock AT&T rom...I tried it.

alanianm

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the flashing process is still valid and current. I flashed my once-AT&T 920 using these instructions. Just follow the instructions fully and you'll have an unbranded phone with Data Sense and tethering (see last page for tethering trick). I can say this, you do need to flash the Rogers pre-portico rom in order to flash the French rom. It won't allow you to flash the French rom with the stock AT&T rom...I tried it.
Thanks L Beezy.

Do I have to update the software only with the Rogers pre-portico rom installed, or can I flash the French rom straight after the Rogers pre-portico rom, and then do the OTA update? (I work on a cruise ship so getting a decent wifi connection is an issue, so I want to do this right the first time :))

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks L Beezy.

Do I have to update the software only with the Rogers pre-portico rom installed, or can I flash the French rom straight after the Rogers pre-portico rom, and then do the OTA update? (I work on a cruise ship so getting a decent wifi connection is an issue, so I want to do this right the first time :))
Just to be on the safe side I would update with the pre-portico ROM as the instructions say. You can't go wrong with following 'em.

atisho

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I installed the French rom by following the instruction. Then upgraded to Lumia Black. Access Point had only the AT&T option. Installed the Spanish(Spanish) keyboard regardless. Tethering worked only when I connected my iphone or my Samsung Focus. When connecting to my laptops, the WiFi icon indicated the connection was limited. When trying to reach a website, it always said resolving host in the status bar. After a few second, it said page not found. Anyone any idea?

Thiago Alves1

May 15, 2014
Visit site
when a try to flash the rogers rom (rm-820), this message appears: "0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.".
please help me

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
when a try to flash the rogers rom (rm-820), this message appears: "0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.".
please help me

a late response, but there might be a toggle somewhere that disables checking for the right code or something like that somewhere in the settings. i think i ran into this last year, but the specifics are fuzzy.

sparrow00 sparrow

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
My friend, you must realize how valuable your tutorial has been to me. I used this tutorial to flash my ATT RM 820 about a year ago and it worked just as you have described. I installed Prev for Dev to get an early version of Windows 8.1/Cyan. Windows recommended to use the software recovery tool to downgrade back to Black in order to get the official 8.1/Cyan. The software recovery tool did not work with my phone [I am guessing because the phone was being identified as RM 820 even though I flashed it to RM 821...so the Tool thought I was connecting 2 phones at once].
Anyway, I went back to your tutorial and reflashed RM 821 Amber. That has led me to the Official Windows 8.1/Cyan update last night August 22 2014 in USA.
Thank you!!!

atisho

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I was running rm 821 on my at&t L920. I updated the phone to cyan thru ota. Now the phone cannot connect to LTE. Anyone experience the same thing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12