OTA Amber Update Lumia 620 now Available!

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
"Wifi is more stable" is not valid. Any professional update system will assume the network connection, regardless of which type, is unstable and provide error checking and correction. The update will download to the device as either a single file or several files. Before the update begins installing the system will check that those files are correct and intact. "Save me money by not using data" also is invalid for those of us with unlimited data. I'm not complaining, just trying to figure out why MS requires WiFi for their updates. Like many things in WP8 I bet it is just another unfinished feature that will be addressed in a future release.

Agreed. It's the same with the Store where you're restricted to what applications and games you are allowed to download over a mobile data connection. I've also got an unlimited data plan but I'd rarely come close to using any of it if I'm not allowed to download large apps because MS said so.

Somebody else in the thread mentioned a 20 MB limit for 3G but didn't MS increase this to 50 MB a while back?

Naveen Navi V

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
today morning i just checked my L620 has any update on amber. So i checked with nokia software updater suite 3.0.8 and i got this software update version. Is this amber gdr2 update.
l620 update.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb