Surface Duo is on salefor over 50% off!

05-19-2014 03:23 AM
86 1234
tools
    i undrstood dat bt atleast it shoyld work online even if i dnt download maps... previously it use to view maps bt due to sum problm i had to reset my phne n aftr dat dis issue is cuming
    Have you setup your Nokia account in Settings->email+accounts in your phone after resetting?
    08-14-2013 11:46 AM
    08-14-2013 12:05 PM
    Well.. I am regretting.. Battery just sucks
    08-15-2013 09:37 AM
    Well.. I am regretting.. Battery just sucks
    Try the BL 5J battery of the 520 or the Mugen Power Battery for the 620.
    08-15-2013 09:43 AM
    my sis whom I bought this for loves it. Her co-sister has also bought one 620 because of that. :)
    08-15-2013 10:28 AM
    So far I'm really happy with the 620. I was a WP7 owner (Samsung Focus), then I switched to Android in February to try a different ecosystem (I was an iPhone user earlier). I didn't even last 5 months with Android, it made no sense to me and I missed WP, so I bought the 620 as a pretty decent balance of quality, features and price ($200 unlocked, really? Sold). I got the yellow version which makes me happy every time I look at it and my favorite part is that whenever facing the sun, the translucent case absorbs all that light and so the edges of the case seem to glow and light up around my screen. I don't seem to have the battery issues some people have mentioned, my phone will last me all day until 10/11pm and then it's back to being charged during the night.

In short, I'm super happy with this phone and plan to keep it until it's too old to receive updates. At that point I'll probably buy whatever 6xx phone is in the market :)
    08-15-2013 11:14 PM
    I actually just got this phone two days ago.. I was a long time supporter of blackberry... Like religiously, I was so blindly in love with the phone that I ignored its troubling shortcomings... My battery on my last bold would last about 30 minutes before dying.. I had to walk around with the charger in my school bag.. I was so engrossed with BBM .. But I realized the phone was **** after it bricked on me, 3 weeks after I bought it... I don't know about you guys but I just finished high school so I couldn't afford to get another 700 dollar plus phone..i considered my budget smart phone options and didn't even look into **** berry, a friend of mine has a 520 and I was just kinda hooked onto it... I liked how stylish it was.. I did a bit of research into windows and tbh at first I reluctant but I saw the 620 and decided to give it a try.. I love the phone.. I'm still adjusting but so far I have nothing to complain about ��
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    08-17-2013 05:25 AM
    is there ne official update available fo 620 in india???? coz wenever i checked it says ur phone is up to date... then wats amber n ol??
    That is for OFFICIAL OS updates only, so that'll take a LOT of time. I am going to flash mine atm, like to format stuff *hehe*

Your usual updates are shown in the market place tile.
    08-17-2013 08:41 AM
    I don't regret it, but I do wonder why the camera button takes so long to take a picture and why I press it and it either focuses but does not take the picture in which case I have to use one hand to tap the screen and introduce some shakiness to the picture, or press down again on the button which of course produces the same undesired effect as using one hand to hold the phone and another to take the pic. Am I taking pictures the wrong way with my 620?
    08-18-2013 08:15 AM
    I don't regret it, but I do wonder why the camera button takes so long to take a picture and why I press it and it either focuses but does not take the picture in which case I have to use one hand to tap the screen and introduce some shakiness to the picture, or press down again on the button which of course produces the same undesired effect as using one hand to hold the phone and another to take the pic. Am I taking pictures the wrong way with my 620?
    Press halfway for focus and fully in for taking the picture.
    08-19-2013 03:03 AM
    I purchased a lumia 620 on saturday while my 920 is on service for battery life issue, heat on the back, and broken screen
    i regret it because :
    Poor battery life : yeah I'm kind of intensive user but just 10hof battery life is too low for any smartphone
    the headphones jack output is already malfunctionning, i heard the music with kind of kareoke filter I mean all the middles tones are removed, the singer voice sound like being coming from far far far away. already restarted the phone, put air into the plug hole, checked for debris.. nothing

when my lumia 920 comes from nokia care i will sold boht the lumia and the 620 and say good bye Nokia, tired of the lumias too much problems and lack of essential functionalities, like true copy and paste. real battery economy mode, and much more power user features like thoses availables on Symbian
    the lumias are nice beta prototype products for me but need to be finished yet
    08-19-2013 06:09 AM
    I purchased a lumia 620 on saturday while my 920 is on service for battery life issue, heat on the back, and broken screen
    i regret it because :
    Poor battery life : yeah I'm kind of intensive user but just 10hof battery life is too low for any smartphone
    the headphones jack output is already malfunctionning, i heard the music with kind of kareoke filter I mean all the middles tones are removed, the singer voice sound like being coming from far far far away. already restarted the phone, put air into the plug hole, checked for debris.. nothing

when my lumia 920 comes from nokia care i will sold boht the lumia and the 620 and say good bye Nokia, tired of the lumias too much problems and lack of essential functionalities, like true copy and paste. real battery economy mode, and much more power user features like thoses availables on Symbian
    The headphone echo problem will occur if your headphone is incompatible with your phone. Get a different headphone supported by the phone.
    08-19-2013 07:50 AM
    i regret it because :

I solved the problem by removing the battery of the Lumia 620. I get soo used to non removable batteries with previouses Nokia N8 and Lumia 920 that i forgot to think about this basic and simple solution to 89% of electronical mobile devices ;)

soo i keep liking the Lumia 620
    im also going to sell the 920 for non usage if the 620 is good enought
    08-19-2013 11:17 AM
    The headphone echo problem will occur if your headphone is incompatible with your phone. Get a different headphone supported by the phone.
    well for me having to get a supported head set for a phone is an ***** thing.
    imagine having to purchase an special headphone for each device sporting a jack 3.5mm connector !
    standarts are supposed to solve that, and on any of my precedent nokias such problems do not exist you can plug what ever jack 3.5mm plug into it to listen to music !

well do not worry I solved the problem by removing the battery of the Lumia 620. I get soo used to non removable batteries with previouses Nokia N8 and Lumia 920 that i forgot to think about this basic and simple solution to 89% of electronical mobile devices ;)
    08-19-2013 11:19 AM
    well for me having to get a supported head set for a phone is an ***** thing.
    imagine having to purchase an special headphone for each device sporting a jack 3.5mm connector !
    standarts are supposed to solve that, and on any of my precedent nokias such problems do not exist you can plug what ever jack 3.5mm plug into it to listen to music !

well do not worry I solved the problem by removing the battery of the Lumia 620. I get soo used to non removable batteries with previouses Nokia N8 and Lumia 920 that i forgot to think about this basic and simple solution to 89% of electronical mobile devices ;)
    The problem occurs if the headphone has an in built microphone. You don't need to purchase a headphone separately. You are getting one along with your phone itself. If you are only going to just listen to music, get a headphone without a microphone and you can use it for any phone you buy in the future.

The echo problem will be solved if you keep holding the button on the headset while using it. But if you are insistent on getting a $500 phone instead of a $20 headphone blaming the phone for it, then it's your loss.
    08-19-2013 11:42 AM
    nope...u r partially ri8. echo problem occurs on Non-Dolby headphones like those come up with Lumia 620 in box...To remove the echo just change settings->audio->Enhancements...and off both dolby headphones and audio leveling...Echo will disappear on Non-Dolby Supported headphones....and its battery drains like water only if u have always on tap+send and 3G....Either on solves the problem of battery,.... I had this problems all r solved except sometimes phone volume for music sets to a level where der is no effect of changing the volume on volume output
    Last edited by Sohan Mahajan; 08-19-2013 at 12:01 PM. Reason: incompletly posted
    08-19-2013 11:56 AM
    Ive stated my regrets in my previous post in another thread.

After almost 5 months of using nokia lumia 620, Ive come up with this:

I find wifi-connection working good (changing between wifi at different stations is ok and pretty fast).
    Skype works good on this phone.
    Road map by GPS signal works perfectly (so without internet connection on the road).

Whats App messages do seem to appear later sometimes, and I cant save videos through Whats App from i-phones but that is probably more the problem of the App and not of the phone itself..

I seem to be unable to connect through blue-tooth with an i-phone 3 and 4.
    My phone freezes up almost daily due to: phone calls, updates, trying to slide up lock screen or other random stuff , it often doesnt respond to my fingers at all (so I have to turn phone off/on to get it back working).

Bing-button, middle right-side button and camera button are in the wrong place: I always seem to hit either one of them when not needed (unlucky placement of buttons I would say, and the bing button i never use anyways, just another annoying button on the phone which I always touch but never use).

I cant play all vids I want to, as I often need Flashplayer for it and windows phone just dont have it.
    Youtube app dont work anymore, need to search youtube-site on internet to be able to play youtube videos.
    Cant play hayday f.i. which is a popular app for i-phone and android,and after all there are not as much apps available for windows as for I-phone and android.

Ive recently compared my Lumia 620 with Samsung Galaxy S3 on a comparing site, I was surprised to see that the older S3 has far more capabilities then my lumia 620 phone :(

Im pretty dissapointed with the lumia 620 since it gives me problems daily, all the problems together just become too much now...
    kavouri76 likes this.
    08-25-2013 01:26 AM
    Whatsapp is because of the app itself and sometimes due to ms servers as whatsapp messages or push notifications are sent via ms servers.

The screen not responding, issues related are 620 issues even I have the same but I just turn off the screen(power off) and turn it on again to make it work. That's the only walk around. I feel Nokia is at fault with l620 issues. They are documented in another thread few users have the same issues too.

You shouldn't be comparing android previous Samsung flagship phone to a midrange wp8 phone. Android always let you do almost everything , plenty of functionalities on android. Windows phone is is very limited and closed end. If you can switch to a costlier s3, I'd suggest you to do it unless you're a big fan of wp lagfree os :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    08-25-2013 10:36 AM
    thanks but the problems happens with headphones that has no mic, it also happens when i connect the phone to a HI-FI device with a jack to jack cable.
    it's like there is a wrong contact...
    even a little movement on the phone makes its start sounding like ****m, and the vocal command activates randomly or the music stops
    08-25-2013 05:16 PM
    Wow, if I had read these posts before, I would never have gotten the 620. Glad I didn't because this is one fantastic phone for the money. Any phone you buy for $99 out the door is probably a crap shoot. Not this one. It has made me forget my Trophy rather quickly. I have found that the 3.8" screen phones have the ideal size for one handed typing and the displays generally look sharper than the 4.3's but that's natural given they have the same resolution.

WP8, 5MP camera w/flash, NFC, Internet Sharing, Clear Black display, aesthetically pleasing cover selection - WTF more do you want for a Benjamin.
    Oranges123 likes this.
    08-25-2013 07:25 PM
    I love my phone :d
    SanjitVignesh likes this.
    08-28-2013 05:33 AM
    All i hate it is because it haven't file manager we can't create a new folder,we can't move files.. We can't see what albums in our having like songs,pictures.. Etc. If we wanna delete items from phone we need a pc mandatory otherwise we have to delete file by file ��������
    08-28-2013 09:06 PM
    Hi, you can delete multiple photos at a time as well. Press the select button on the bottom of the photo album page, then you can select which ones you want to delete, or share :-) .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    08-29-2013 12:34 AM
    I love my 620.

Just a little bit envying my wife's 720 (I bought her that because she's complaining the 620 small keyboard <-- from its small screen). 720 has the perfect balance of screen size and thickness/weight, and longer battery life.

But, whenever I go out and put my 620 in my jeans pocket, I'm back to my original approval of this product --> its pocket-friendly size. So I'm good again.
    09-04-2013 04:04 AM
    I regretted buying it once, mine is a black one, sometimes feels lifeless,
    then I bought two extra back cover (white and cyan) - and I'm happy with it now, as I can just switch to whatever feels right for the day.
    09-04-2013 06:51 AM
86 1234