Any Lumia 620 user regretting his/her purchase? Because I haven't found one yet! :D

Sohan Mahajan

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
nope...u r partially ri8. echo problem occurs on Non-Dolby headphones like those come up with Lumia 620 in box...To remove the echo just change settings->audio->Enhancements...and off both dolby headphones and audio leveling...Echo will disappear on Non-Dolby Supported headphones....and its battery drains like water only if u have always on tap+send and 3G....Either on solves the problem of battery,.... I had this problems all r solved except sometimes phone volume for music sets to a level where der is no effect of changing the volume on volume output

Last edited:

Eirik

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Ive stated my regrets in my previous post in another thread.

After almost 5 months of using nokia lumia 620, Ive come up with this:

I find wifi-connection working good (changing between wifi at different stations is ok and pretty fast).
Skype works good on this phone.
Road map by GPS signal works perfectly (so without internet connection on the road).

Whats App messages do seem to appear later sometimes, and I cant save videos through Whats App from i-phones but that is probably more the problem of the App and not of the phone itself..

I seem to be unable to connect through blue-tooth with an i-phone 3 and 4.
My phone freezes up almost daily due to: phone calls, updates, trying to slide up lock screen or other random stuff , it often doesnt respond to my fingers at all (so I have to turn phone off/on to get it back working).

Bing-button, middle right-side button and camera button are in the wrong place: I always seem to hit either one of them when not needed (unlucky placement of buttons I would say, and the bing button i never use anyways, just another annoying button on the phone which I always touch but never use).

I cant play all vids I want to, as I often need Flashplayer for it and windows phone just dont have it.
Youtube app dont work anymore, need to search youtube-site on internet to be able to play youtube videos.
Cant play hayday f.i. which is a popular app for i-phone and android,and after all there are not as much apps available for windows as for I-phone and android.

Ive recently compared my Lumia 620 with Samsung Galaxy S3 on a comparing site, I was surprised to see that the older S3 has far more capabilities then my lumia 620 phone :(

Im pretty dissapointed with the lumia 620 since it gives me problems daily, all the problems together just become too much now...

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp is because of the app itself and sometimes due to ms servers as whatsapp messages or push notifications are sent via ms servers.

The screen not responding, issues related are 620 issues even I have the same but I just turn off the screen(power off) and turn it on again to make it work. That's the only walk around. I feel Nokia is at fault with l620 issues. They are documented in another thread few users have the same issues too.

You shouldn't be comparing android previous Samsung flagship phone to a midrange wp8 phone. Android always let you do almost everything , plenty of functionalities on android. Windows phone is is very limited and closed end. If you can switch to a costlier s3, I'd suggest you to do it unless you're a big fan of wp lagfree os :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

RastiscaR Wazakaka

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
thanks but the problems happens with headphones that has no mic, it also happens when i connect the phone to a HI-FI device with a jack to jack cable.
it's like there is a wrong contact...
even a little movement on the phone makes its start sounding like ****m, and the vocal command activates randomly or the music stops

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow, if I had read these posts before, I would never have gotten the 620. Glad I didn't because this is one fantastic phone for the money. Any phone you buy for $99 out the door is probably a crap shoot. Not this one. It has made me forget my Trophy rather quickly. I have found that the 3.8" screen phones have the ideal size for one handed typing and the displays generally look sharper than the 4.3's but that's natural given they have the same resolution.

WP8, 5MP camera w/flash, NFC, Internet Sharing, Clear Black display, aesthetically pleasing cover selection - WTF more do you want for a Benjamin.

Sampath P

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
All i hate it is because it haven't file manager we can't create a new folder,we can't move files.. We can't see what albums in our having like songs,pictures.. Etc. If we wanna delete items from phone we need a pc mandatory otherwise we have to delete file by file ��������

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, you can delete multiple photos at a time as well. Press the select button on the bottom of the photo album page, then you can select which ones you want to delete, or share :) .

rianash

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I love my 620.

Just a little bit envying my wife's 720 (I bought her that because she's complaining the 620 small keyboard <-- from its small screen). 720 has the perfect balance of screen size and thickness/weight, and longer battery life.

But, whenever I go out and put my 620 in my jeans pocket, I'm back to my original approval of this product --> its pocket-friendly size. So I'm good again.

malih

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I regretted buying it once, mine is a black one, sometimes feels lifeless,
then I bought two extra back cover (white and cyan) - and I'm happy with it now, as I can just switch to whatever feels right for the day.

Dragunov2

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I love this Phone, just the battery is too weak for this kind of Phone.

I hope I can use a 520 one (those Mugen of 1600) or wait for the Mugen XL, announced for the 620

But if the Mugen XL for the 620 comes with a new backpanel, then I gonna buy the 520 Mugen one

Blutto

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting very frustrated with the Nokia experience. Love the 620 for the first couple of months, but when I started using it hands free I had issues with variable screen sensitivity. Updating to Amber gave me the option of the increased sensitivity, but made it too sensitive in some areas and still unsensitive in others. Nokia had no ideas.

Took it back to the retailer and tried a 520. Screen worked OK, but it was very cranky, wouldn't shut down, sometimes I could access settings, sometimes I couldn't. Tried the Amber update 4 times and it wouldn't complete.

Back again to the retailer and another 620, but this time I'm getting the problems I had with the 520 and haven't even been able to try hands free yet. On my second attempt to update to Amber now looking at "preparing to install 100%"... waiting....waiting... I like WP8, but this is seriously making me look at going back to Android and Samsung!

Update - 15 minutes later still waiting.

Last edited:

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah had issues with screen not responding sduring a call, after a call, sometimes phone would reboot. Only way to resolve screen problems is by turning off and turningf the screen on. Then everything becomes okay..!

Blutto

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
After a factory reset and another update attempt it finally worked. The handsfree screen issue seems to be fixed, time will tell.

No Glance? I go to display+touch, but a swipe doesn't bring up Glance option.

Last edited:

Blutto

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Went to the retailer and had the phone exchanged ( great that I didn't have to deal with Nokia service) and all came good. Evidently the screen sensitivity was inconsistent across the whole screen with the first phone, but the replacement was fine. I like the 620 once more!

RetroMan71

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I've had numerous issues with my 620, had to send it off at least 3 times in the last 4 months and every time it came back, they said they couldn't find any issues with it. They did change the battery for me, but nothing changed the performance. It randomly reboots at least 3 times a week and random battery drain on the odd occasion. Numerous games run terrible, the latest one being Tetris Blitz which is unplayable on my phone. I'm considering moving away from Windows Phone for good as my experience lately with the phone and on this website hasn't been great.

Blutto

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I love my 620, No regrets here, much better than android and iPhone

I think you mean the OS and I agree that I like Windowsphone8. Not so sure about the hardware, the screen is still cranky at times. A couple of days ago I couldn't swipe to answer a call and had to restart it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte