Any Lumia 620 user regretting his/her purchase? Because I haven't found one yet! :D

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
The phone is awesome especially with the price ... i was eagerly waiting and know more or less the hardware capacities and its small form size etc etc and loved it...

but here are my regrets

1) though I had known that the battery capacity is not very good, i dont know it will be that bad...especially with 3G it drains within short hours
2) I bought this aiming that the shell (CC3057) will be available easily at low price point and can change it, but does not happen, and the cases are quite costly even if they are available.
3) Camera quality was not as much as i expected, it is not very sharp

All in all still happy with it.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
i undrstood dat bt atleast it shoyld work online even if i dnt download maps... previously it use to view maps bt due to sum problm i had to reset my phne n aftr dat dis issue is cuming

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
coz of dis issue i really feel weird to remove my phone in frnt of ne android user coz on android maps load quickly n in my phne its jus a blank screen wid only location symbol
n i dnt want ne ****in android user to find negative points of dis mobile which is way ahead den android

anon(5348756)

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
So far I'm really happy with the 620. I was a WP7 owner (Samsung Focus), then I switched to Android in February to try a different ecosystem (I was an iPhone user earlier). I didn't even last 5 months with Android, it made no sense to me and I missed WP, so I bought the 620 as a pretty decent balance of quality, features and price ($200 unlocked, really? Sold). I got the yellow version which makes me happy every time I look at it and my favorite part is that whenever facing the sun, the translucent case absorbs all that light and so the edges of the case seem to glow and light up around my screen. I don't seem to have the battery issues some people have mentioned, my phone will last me all day until 10/11pm and then it's back to being charged during the night.

In short, I'm super happy with this phone and plan to keep it until it's too old to receive updates. At that point I'll probably buy whatever 6xx phone is in the market :)

MarkWrecks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I actually just got this phone two days ago.. I was a long time supporter of blackberry... Like religiously, I was so blindly in love with the phone that I ignored its troubling shortcomings... My battery on my last bold would last about 30 minutes before dying.. I had to walk around with the charger in my school bag.. I was so engrossed with BBM .. But I realized the phone was **** after it bricked on me, 3 weeks after I bought it... I don't know about you guys but I just finished high school so I couldn't afford to get another 700 dollar plus phone..i considered my budget smart phone options and didn't even look into **** berry, a friend of mine has a 520 and I was just kinda hooked onto it... I liked how stylish it was.. I did a bit of research into windows and tbh at first I reluctant but I saw the 620 and decided to give it a try.. I love the phone.. I'm still adjusting but so far I have nothing to complain about ��

Jaafar Jabbar

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
is there ne official update available fo 620 in india???? coz wenever i checked it says ur phone is up to date... then wats amber n ol??

That is for OFFICIAL OS updates only, so that'll take a LOT of time. I am going to flash mine atm, like to format stuff *hehe*

Your usual updates are shown in the market place tile.

iosified

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't regret it, but I do wonder why the camera button takes so long to take a picture and why I press it and it either focuses but does not take the picture in which case I have to use one hand to tap the screen and introduce some shakiness to the picture, or press down again on the button which of course produces the same undesired effect as using one hand to hold the phone and another to take the pic. Am I taking pictures the wrong way with my 620?

Pete fin

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't regret it, but I do wonder why the camera button takes so long to take a picture and why I press it and it either focuses but does not take the picture in which case I have to use one hand to tap the screen and introduce some shakiness to the picture, or press down again on the button which of course produces the same undesired effect as using one hand to hold the phone and another to take the pic. Am I taking pictures the wrong way with my 620?

Press halfway for focus and fully in for taking the picture.

RastiscaR Wazakaka

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I purchased a lumia 620 on saturday while my 920 is on service for battery life issue, heat on the back, and broken screen
i regret it because :
Poor battery life : yeah I'm kind of intensive user but just 10hof battery life is too low for any smartphone
the headphones jack output is already malfunctionning, i heard the music with kind of kareoke filter I mean all the middles tones are removed, the singer voice sound like being coming from far far far away. already restarted the phone, put air into the plug hole, checked for debris.. nothing

when my lumia 920 comes from nokia care i will sold boht the lumia and the 620 and say good bye Nokia, tired of the lumias too much problems and lack of essential functionalities, like true copy and paste. real battery economy mode, and much more power user features like thoses availables on Symbian
the lumias are nice beta prototype products for me but need to be finished yet

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I purchased a lumia 620 on saturday while my 920 is on service for battery life issue, heat on the back, and broken screen
i regret it because :
Poor battery life : yeah I'm kind of intensive user but just 10hof battery life is too low for any smartphone
the headphones jack output is already malfunctionning, i heard the music with kind of kareoke filter I mean all the middles tones are removed, the singer voice sound like being coming from far far far away. already restarted the phone, put air into the plug hole, checked for debris.. nothing

when my lumia 920 comes from nokia care i will sold boht the lumia and the 620 and say good bye Nokia, tired of the lumias too much problems and lack of essential functionalities, like true copy and paste. real battery economy mode, and much more power user features like thoses availables on Symbian

The headphone echo problem will occur if your headphone is incompatible with your phone. Get a different headphone supported by the phone.

RastiscaR Wazakaka

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
i regret it because :

I solved the problem by removing the battery of the Lumia 620. I get soo used to non removable batteries with previouses Nokia N8 and Lumia 920 that i forgot to think about this basic and simple solution to 89% of electronical mobile devices ;)

soo i keep liking the Lumia 620
im also going to sell the 920 for non usage if the 620 is good enought

RastiscaR Wazakaka

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
The headphone echo problem will occur if your headphone is incompatible with your phone. Get a different headphone supported by the phone.

well for me having to get a supported head set for a phone is an ***** thing.
imagine having to purchase an special headphone for each device sporting a jack 3.5mm connector !
standarts are supposed to solve that, and on any of my precedent nokias such problems do not exist you can plug what ever jack 3.5mm plug into it to listen to music !

well do not worry I solved the problem by removing the battery of the Lumia 620. I get soo used to non removable batteries with previouses Nokia N8 and Lumia 920 that i forgot to think about this basic and simple solution to 89% of electronical mobile devices ;)

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
well for me having to get a supported head set for a phone is an ***** thing.
imagine having to purchase an special headphone for each device sporting a jack 3.5mm connector !
standarts are supposed to solve that, and on any of my precedent nokias such problems do not exist you can plug what ever jack 3.5mm plug into it to listen to music !

well do not worry I solved the problem by removing the battery of the Lumia 620. I get soo used to non removable batteries with previouses Nokia N8 and Lumia 920 that i forgot to think about this basic and simple solution to 89% of electronical mobile devices ;)

The problem occurs if the headphone has an in built microphone. You don't need to purchase a headphone separately. You are getting one along with your phone itself. If you are only going to just listen to music, get a headphone without a microphone and you can use it for any phone you buy in the future.

The echo problem will be solved if you keep holding the button on the headset while using it. But if you are insistent on getting a $500 phone instead of a $20 headphone blaming the phone for it, then it's your loss.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss