Possible Jailbreak for ATIV S

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

So I dialed ##634# on my ATIV S and a diagnosis menu showed up with a password box. After a Google search, I entered *#7284# and found a menu to set USB mode. I tried to set it to QC Composite mode (Qualcomm Composite mode) and the phone rebooted and when it started up, I plugged it in and it shows "Qualcomm_Composite_Device" in device manager. I'm currently looking for the drivers, but could this be a way to load custom ROMs onto the ATIV S? Could this be Windows Phone 8's first jailbreak?

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
NEW DISCOVERY:

In diagnosis (after you dial ##634), if you type *#9908#, a menu appears for 3G. This exploit was used to Interop Unlock the Samsung 1st Gen WP7 phones. If possible, I may be able to exploit it but I heard WP8 has a whitelist, not a blacklist of provxmls.

And I've also discovered why the ATIV S does not have Data Sense installed. It is due to a registry issue. I dumped the ROM of a 920 and found registry commands that state "DATASMART" INSTALL=1. I believe this is done on the ATIV S but the system does not check that registry until the system does a hard reset, in which the system discovers that entry and installs Data Sense.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
If we would be able interop unlock and start to mess with the registry, whoaa! WP8 has bunch of features that are just no enabled!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I thought someone jailbroke and flashed a custom ROM to the Huawei W1 already earlier this year

Is there a discussion on this over at XDA? EDIT: Looks like it doesn't have its own forum, maybe I'll drop in the WP8 area.

venu238

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I thought someone jailbroke and flashed a custom ROM to the Huawei W1 already earlier this year

Is there a discussion on this over at XDA? EDIT: Looks like it doesn't have its own forum, maybe I'll drop in the WP8 area.

There is a thread but it's very slow..the developer "reker" itself posts once in a month. Hope things will change after Lumia 520 hits masses.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe some prototype WP device thats been flashed with Android? The device looks real and looking at the size and buttons together, it is bigger for sure.

LarboJohnson

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
NEW DISCOVERY:

In diagnosis (after you dial ##634), if you type *#9908#, a menu appears for 3G. This exploit was used to Interop Unlock the Samsung 1st Gen WP7 phones. If possible, I may be able to exploit it but I heard WP8 has a whitelist, not a blacklist of provxmls.

And I've also discovered why the ATIV S does not have Data Sense installed. It is due to a registry issue. I dumped the ROM of a 920 and found registry commands that state "DATASMART" INSTALL=1. I believe this is done on the ATIV S but the system does not check that registry until the system does a hard reset, in which the system discovers that entry and installs Data Sense.

Thanks for this! If you go to edit profile you can see all of your APNs and edit them. I wonder if HTC phones have an equivalent, as setting up a GSM APN on a Verizon 8X can't be done as far as I know.

Report back if you find more codes!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans