Does the AT&T version of 520 come with a Global Navigation License for HERE Maps & Navigation?

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Does the AT&T version of 520 come with a Global Navigation License for HERE Maps & Navigation?

I have a 521 and it says my off-line HERE navigation is limited to North America. To use it in Europe or Asia, it is asking me to buy a Global Navigation License.

Anybody know if the AT&T version of 520 comes with a Global Navigation license (since it is closer to the original 520 than the T-Mobile branded 521)? Or are the NOKIA HERE Maps & Navigation restricted only to the country you registered the phone at for all Lumia 52X models?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Does the AT&T version of 520 come with a Global Navigation License for HERE Maps & Navigation?

I will let you know on here Tues. once my Mom gets her 520. Hopefully someone will answer you before then.

I would think only USA and Canada though.

mogelijk

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Does the AT&T version of 520 come with a Global Navigation License for HERE Maps & Navigation?

No, it only comes with a regional license; the USA, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. It does have an option to purchase an International license for $20 (covers 95 countries).

futpaul

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

No, it only comes with a regional license; the USA, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. It does have an option to purchase an International license for $20 (covers 95 countries).

AT&T SIM is required also, or will a prepaid SIM that works on AT&T work too?

mogelijk

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site

That is an interesting question. I think even more interesting, if you unlock the phone, will it work with a non-AT&T network SIM card (such as a T-Mobile MVNO)?

futpaul

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

Just a quick update, I finally got my H2O SIM last night.

Placed it in the phone, activated it on H2O and put $10 worth on it to start.

Now before I did this, Nokia Drive would not start. Said it required a SIM.

Once I activated on H2O (which is an AT&T MVNO) the Nokia Drive software worked! So I downloaded US maps last night and will try the GPS on Monday. w00t!

Next question, can I move this big 2GB map file onto my SD card?

futpaul

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

Just a quick update, I finally got my H2O SIM last night.

Placed it in the phone, activated it on H2O and put $10 worth on it to start.

Now before I did this, Nokia Drive would not start. Said it required a SIM.

Once I activated on H2O (which is an AT&T MVNO) the Nokia Drive software worked! So I downloaded US maps last night and will try the GPS on Monday. w00t!
(Note: I did have the choice to download other country maps, but I couldn't due to space limitations on my phone. But I could scroll thru a big long list of them.)

Next question, can I move this big 2GB map file onto my SD card?

mogelijk

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site

Yes, sort of. You can't move the maps but you can put them on your SD card. To do this, you will need the "Lumia Storage Check" app from the Windows Store (not to be confused with Storage Check under the Settings app). Start the Lumia Storage Check app, and swipe over to "details". Under maps you will see a "change" button, which will give you the option to store the maps on your SD card. If you have downloaded maps, go ahead and delete them and redownload them to the SD card.

futpaul

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

Yes, sort of. You can't move the maps but you can put them on your SD card. To do this, you will need the "Lumia Storage Check" app from the Windows Store (not to be confused with Storage Check under the Settings app). Start the Lumia Storage Check app, and swipe over to "details". Under maps you will see a "change" button, which will give you the option to store the maps on your SD card. If you have downloaded maps, go ahead and delete them and redownload them to the SD card.

Thanks mogelijk I will try this. My first search in the store for Lumia Storage Check returned no results, but I'll look around some more.
--Paul

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

Thanks mogelijk I will try this. My first search in the store for Lumia Storage Check returned no results, but I'll look around some more.
--Paul

look for sysapp pusher it has the links to lumia storage beta plus everything else system related.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

Wow! That's bad. I am on TELUS, in Canada, and can download European maps, no problem. Haven't tried any others.

futpaul

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

Sorry, I forgot to mention that you need to get the Lumia Storage Check from the Nokia Beta Labs.

Thanks mogelijk! That worked great. Also it is pretty slick that Beta Labs puts a QR code right on the website so I could download straight to phone. Bonus is that I learned how to scan QR codes. Very nice!

Thanks again... --Paul

mogelijk

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site

Another tip for you, if you want to thank someone on these forums, you can just hit the thanks button below their post, near the reply button. There is also the Like button if you like someones posts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre