Parts for Repair

NDeNigris

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

I'm posting to see if I can get some help as to which parts I may need in repairing my 920.

A few months ago, I dropped my phone in water. After a few minutes, the display went black and the phone turned off. After turning it back on, the display was still black; however, I could still receive notifications (auditory) from facebook and other apps that received info through Wi-Fi. Immediately after, I took apart my phone and let it sit in a tub of rice overnight to draw out the water.

A day later, I tested my phone a few times to see if it could receive/make calls (using the voice commands). Nothing. I could still unlock my phone because the touch screen was still receptive.

My guess is that the LCD screen/connectivity to it is damaged, along with the main antenna (cellular antenna). Wi-Fi still seems to work as well as speakers and digitizer.

So my questions are as follows:
1 - What parts do I need to replace in this phone/is there a way I can more accurately discern this?
2 - Should I replace these parts, or just buy a new phone (I'm planning on switching to T-Mobile soon, so I would be getting an unlocked phone, probably still a 920)?

Thanks in advance!

joshage

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Contact your phone company and aware them, they could give you some help? or even order some insurance and wait a month and take it in?

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

I'm posting to see if I can get some help as to which parts I may need in repairing my 920.

A few months ago, I dropped my phone in water. After a few minutes, the display went black and the phone turned off. After turning it back on, the display was still black; however, I could still receive notifications (auditory) from facebook and other apps that received info through Wi-Fi. Immediately after, I took apart my phone and let it sit in a tub of rice overnight to draw out the water.

A day later, I tested my phone a few times to see if it could receive/make calls (using the voice commands). Nothing. I could still unlock my phone because the touch screen was still receptive.

My guess is that the LCD screen/connectivity to it is damaged, along with the main antenna (cellular antenna). Wi-Fi still seems to work as well as speakers and digitizer.

So my questions are as follows:
1 - What parts do I need to replace in this phone/is there a way I can more accurately discern this?
2 - Should I replace these parts, or just buy a new phone (I'm planning on switching to T-Mobile soon, so I would be getting an unlocked phone, probably still a 920)?

Thanks in advance!

i woulld like new phone ,,damage is already done :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos