Ok guys, one last time, help me out

Parteek Agnihotri

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I know some of you brothers are helping others to get the update, I appreciate that, but amidst all this, no one is answering my question....and here's the whole thing.
I need a concise explanation about how to update a rogers l920 with proper functioning links to all the stuff required and a simple easy to follow guide....help a brother...please.

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I know some of you brothers are helping others to get the update, I appreciate that, but amidst all this, no one is answering my question....and here's the whole thing.
I need a concise explanation about how to update a rogers l920 with proper functioning links to all the stuff required and a simple easy to follow guide....help a brother...please.

what is your current frmware,,?

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
To install an OS/Firmware update all you need to do is goto settings (cog icon) then phone update then tap check for updates. If the update is available then it will download/install automatically. There is an unofficial way to install updates using the Nokia care suite but that's not recommended and it could brick your device.

benjaminries

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site

LOL no. I need a beer, my student loans paid off, and a deep tissue massage... brother. ;)

Many of us are sharing information, testing things out, writing step-by-step guides. If after searching and reading you still think the material should be simpler and easier to follow, then you should write your own guide "with proper functioning links".

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If you can't find the guide /steps to flash your phone manually, I would not recommend you do it. You will end up in more trouble.

Wait for it to be released OTA please.

Parteek Agnihotri

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
There are a bunch of guides available but none answers the question that do I have to flash to rogers rom first or just the amber one sine i am already on rogers

MyThIc3LiTe

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
There are a bunch of guides available but none answers the question that do I have to flash to rogers rom first or just the amber one sine i am already on rogers

Amber is a combined update...

Go to your phone settings, go to update, make sure its updated the entire way.

THEN follow this guide http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/236327-nokia-lumia-eu-rom-gdr2-amber-download-link.html and flash your phone with THIS firmware http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/236727-those-who-still-couldnt-download-amber-euro-dev-rom-059r4h6.html

If you can't follow that guide, you are better off waiting till Rogers pushes out an OTA Amber update.

There are at least a dozen different guides on this forum alone with proper instructions on how to download appropriate firmware and how to properly install it on various versions of the phone with additional guides on how to install all the additional apps like Nokia Pro Cam using proxies and/or Fiddler. If you can't be bothered to search and read those guides then that isn't our problem.

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Amber is a combined update...

Go to your phone settings, go to update, make sure its updated the entire way.

THEN follow this guide http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/236327-nokia-lumia-eu-rom-gdr2-amber-download-link.html and flash your phone with THIS firmware http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/236727-those-who-still-couldnt-download-amber-euro-dev-rom-059r4h6.html

If you can't follow that guide, you are better off waiting till Rogers pushes out an OTA Amber update.

And don't forget that if you do that, you will no longer have a Rogers ROM but a European one.... Might end up with different bands...

MyThIc3LiTe

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
And don't forget that if you do that, you will no longer have a Rogers ROM but a European one.... Might end up with different bands...

I should have added, this preserves ALL bands. EDGE/3G/AWS and LTE bands for all the carriers in Canada.

I just did it and I still see all networks and my data works just fine along with regular services.

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site

MyThIc3LiTe

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Yep. You're right. Just found out that this ROM is PENTABAND too (Developer edition of the Nokia Lumia 920 is a one of a kind pentaband | Windows Phone Central).

So if one wanted to flash its Rogers L920, it should be with this ROM.

Yup, one thing Rogers did right was somehow securing Pentaband devices that are the closest thing to a truly global phone anyone can get.

Ensures that should people get tired of waiting for Rogers to push an update, we can flash Euro Dev roms without worrying about anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss