curious case of disappearing sms messages.

braydee89

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

This is an issue I've had for a few months. Whenever my 920 is turned off, through my choice or running out of battery, I will lose all recent sms text messages and it seems to only show saved messaged from months previous. Case and point: I received sms messages last night that I did not read, forgot to put my 920 on to charge and woke up to a dead phone. Now it has charged, I have absolutely no record of the messages I was sent.

Has anyone else had the same issue and do you know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Wow I've never heard of anything remotely related to that. I have no idea of any solution. I'll look around try to find something and hopefully some other members will have an idea!

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I had the similar situation recently and I had created a thread.. It is not even possible to look for lost messages I think. may be wp8 is not actively creating the Logs for the events..

braydee89

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Just checked again and the messages that are visible are saved to my sim. Anything that had been on the phone is lost. I had sms backup turned on, but that doesn't seem to have helped at all.

Last edited:

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey teckris did yours just fix itself? Or do you have that problem still? Or did you do anything?

I had lost some Pictures that were taken recently due to unknown restart of the phone. those were recovered as per someones suggestion by connecting phone to PC.

I had tried the soft reset earlier so that the phone will recover the bug, which didnt work at all [except changing my system date :p ]

later I faced the Message deletion. my phone restarted during conversation and once it came back to life, the recent messages were disappeared, and still no clue where tey are gone.. :p

So answer to your question is I still have the Message problem.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Just checked again and the messages that are visible are saved to my sim. Anything that had been on the phone is lost. I had sms backup turned on, but that doesn't seem to have helped at all.

what is meant by "ism"?? new to WP8,so answer me kindly..

also the messages are lost that were recieved or sent within nearly 10minutes span..

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Idk if this would work but maybe they just didn't show in the messaging hub. If you know who they're from you could go to that person's contact and look at history and see if the recent texts are there. I doubt that'll work but that's all I can think of right now.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Idk if this would work but maybe they just didn't show in the messaging hub. If you know who they're from you could go to that person's contact and look at history and see if the recent texts are there. I doubt that'll work but that's all I can think of right now.

the history is terrible sometimes now.. I cant even see what actually happened.. I may have called someone 5 times and history shows only ONE CALL...
also the message issue happened earlier, so cant verify it now.. Will try next time for sure, but not expecting it again.. :D

braydee89

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Unearthed what I think might be the problem. I can see the texts in history, which takes me through to the text in my conversation with the sim saved texts showing below and almost hiding newer messages. Any way of deleting sms messages saved to sim?

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Unearthed what I think might be the problem. I can see the texts in history, which takes me through to the text in my conversation with the sim saved texts showing below and almost hiding newer messages. Any way of deleting sms messages saved to sim?

So the messages are not lost?? you could see them??
as far I havent seen any option in the WP8 to deal with messages in SIM [it dont even ask where to save the messages :p ]
so will have to move your sim to another phone and do the deletion..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos