Does not boot - 'Windows Boot Manager' screen

moschmid

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
My 920 stopped working yesterday, apparently out of nothing - it's been running like a dream for 3 months, after my first unit was first cleaned and then replaced back in april/may (due to the proximity sensor / gasket problem in early batches).

It shows a (funny) display message, see below, where the 'Windows Boot manager' asks for the Windows installation disk to be inserted...

920_BootManager.jpg

I've tried to re-flash it using Nokia Care Suite and Product Support Tool For Store 5.0, but my PC (Win 7 SP1 64-bit) does not recognise the phone when USB connected using a CA-101 cable (which is what I normally use), and I cannot find a way to force the Product Support Tool to flash it in this mode.

Before doing this, I've searched through this and other forums for hints about key-combinations for miscellaneous types of reset and similar problems, but so far without any luck.

BTW, the behaviour is the same without SIM installed, and I don't have an SD card installed.

Any good ideas?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Wow. This is a first.

Have you tried holdingn thepower button, camera button and volume down button for a hard reset?

Juliuswa

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
SAME thing happened to me yesterday as well. Will send it to Nokia Care. I wouldnt try flashing it because it doesnt recognise the device

VegaNovus

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Wow. This is a first.

Have you tried holdingn thepower button, camera button and volume down button for a hard reset?

Trust me, this isn't a first.

It's a problem with the built-in SD card on the phone.

Anyway, could either recover it yourself with NCS (and get Amber too!) or send it to Nokia.

BTW you can flash, you just have to do a dead flash.

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
funny, my 920 also froze at the same time(after running with no freezes for months straight..)
a soft reset(holding power +volume down ,for 10 seconds) fixed it tho :)

Minghui Yu

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I got this screen too.

I got Blue Screen of Death in past a number of days. Today, after

1. Disconnect your phone from the charger.
2. Press and hold the volume down key and connect the charger. An exlamation mark (!) is shown on the screen. 3. Press the following keys in order: volume up, volume down, power, volume down.

I got this funny 'Windows Boot Manager' screen.

What a Windows!

Idan Cohen

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Trust me, this isn't a first.

It's a problem with the built-in SD card on the phone.

Anyway, could either recover it yourself with NCS (and get Amber too!) or send it to Nokia.

BTW you can flash, you just have to do a dead flash.

uhm.. what SD card is there in the NL920 ?.... so yea, it can be considered a first.

Minghui Yu

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Have you been able to fix this?

My 920 stopped working yesterday, apparently out of nothing - it's been running like a dream for 3 months, after my first unit was first cleaned and then replaced back in april/may (due to the proximity sensor / gasket problem in early batches).

It shows a (funny) display message, see below, where the 'Windows Boot manager' asks for the Windows installation disk to be inserted...

View attachment 39689

I've tried to re-flash it using Nokia Care Suite and Product Support Tool For Store 5.0, but my PC (Win 7 SP1 64-bit) does not recognise the phone when USB connected using a CA-101 cable (which is what I normally use), and I cannot find a way to force the Product Support Tool to flash it in this mode.

Before doing this, I've searched through this and other forums for hints about key-combinations for miscellaneous types of reset and similar problems, but so far without any luck.

BTW, the behaviour is the same without SIM installed, and I don't have an SD card installed.

Any good ideas?

Mark199123

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Good morning,

I made a tutorial to fix this bootmanager problem for the Nokia Lumia 920.
But I think this fix wil also apply to other Nokia Lumia Phones.

The tutorial and the files can be found here: http://sdrv.ms/1d5BIb2

Let me know if it fixed your problem!

Hope this helps.

Mark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz