How do I update Lumia 920 to GDR2 Ireland?

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
No bother! When you do download it before you do, go to your c drive then program data ,Nokia packages,products and delete the rm 821 folder before you download anything,as if you don't the o2 firmware will end up mixed up with the French one!!

Dylan O Brien

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Dont suppose you could link me to the latest Vodafone IRL rom? I assume Ill still have my warranty then right? I also noticed on the French rom there doesnt seem to be speech to text in the messaging app. Does the Vodafone one have it?

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah just use the Nokia care suite, the code is 059R809, not sure what you mean by the text to speech in messaging, how exactly does it work??

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the French rom on mine and have the 4 icons there with speech, you need to download the English UK in settings >speech, then you will have it!!

Dylan O Brien

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I just flashed the Vodafone one, should that not have it? Why'd you switch?

EDIT: Im still downloading apps but when I go into a room its quite choppy and laggy, is this a problem with the rom or is it only happening due to the apps downloading?

Last edited:

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I just switched cos I wanted unbranded firmware, I don't think there's anything wrong with the Vodafone rom , however the UK one has jumped to 3049 from 3047 so will keep an eye on the Irish one,

moore_887

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm looking also to update my 820 to gdr2. I also have a phone that was unlocked from 02 when I bought it in order to use my vodafone sim. I don't like the 02 splash screen on startup. Should I search for gdr2 torrents and use nokia care suite to update the phone?

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm looking also to update my 820 to gdr2. I also have a phone that was unlocked from 02 when I bought it in order to use my vodafone sim. I don't like the 02 splash screen on startup. Should I search for gdr2 torrents and use nokia care suite to update the phone?

Hi, moore! You can flash your device with any country variant to 'un-brand' your Lumia 820. It will stay unlocked and yes you can use the Nokia Care Suite.

Dylan O Brien

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I think I bricked my nokia, I was trying to reinstall the french variant and something about the package failed mid way through, now the phone is stuck on a red nokia screen. Any help?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss