How do I update Lumia 920 to GDR2 Ireland?

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
The only way to keep your data is to wait for your carrier (network) to release the update.

You can easily install the software yourself, but it would format your device and blank it. It would also miss any carrier or network specific settings and/or apps.

Speak to your network and they should be able to give you an eta. For eg, i asked t-mob uk who im with and they are expecting to release this month.

Dylan O Brien

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
The only way to keep your data is to wait for your carrier (network) to release the update.

You can easily install the software yourself, but it would format your device and blank it. It would also miss any carrier or network specific settings and/or apps.

Speak to your network and they should be able to give you an eta. For eg, i asked t-mob uk who im with and they are expecting to release this month.

I was with O2 but unlocked my device and I'm using another operators SIM. Do I contact O2 or or the provider in with now?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Depends on your firmware. If it's branded with O2 firmware variant ( I assume it is, because you bought it there ) then ask O2.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I would try again and wait until you get someone that's not useless.

Try their live chat service. That's where i found out

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
They had the new firmware on Nokia's servers for a day last week so I downloaded it using Nokia care suite and saved it to my hard drive, good thing I did because they pulled it the next day, the same thing happened in a good few countries

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
GDR2|PR 2.0 (LumiaAmber) is still available on Nokia Servers via direct links, but its for Nokia/Microsoft employess only. However its hidden to public globally.. Actually a lot of people downloaded it before it was pulled, so its available on torrent sites, cloud drives and hosting sites. Also few people got their hands on direct links, so its still accessible. :)

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
GDR2|PR 2.0 (LumiaAmber) is still available on Nokia Servers via direct links, but its for Nokia/Microsoft employess only. However its hidden to public globally.. Actually a lot of people downloaded it before it was pulled, so its available on torrent sites, cloud drives and hosting sites. Also few people got their hands on direct links, so its still accessible. :)

I would like to know if the firmware they did pull last week was the final build or was it a pre release version

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I would like to know if the firmware they did pull last week was the final build or was it a pre release version

It was final release of GDR2, with minor jump from first version of GDR2 (8.0.1327.xxxx to 8.0.1328.xxxx) Not sure what about PR2.0|Lumia Amber. It was stable and approved version, but as it's not released to public via OTA, they still got time to implement minor changes. Current version is 3047.0000.1328.3002. I guess they will, as pre-installed apps are partly outdated - old Highlights, old Creative Studio, Here Drive+ as Beta, old Nokia Care and no Glance Screen, Double Tap To Wake, Lumia Color Profile, Storage Check without updating system apps (info+extras|display+touch) I believe they will change it with final release, adding the newest updated apps/system apps.

Edit: It was said that Amber will bring
* Here Maps v3.4,
* Here Drive+ v2.2,
* Here Transit v3.5.
So, I had no Transit at all, and outdated Drive Beta, but the newest Here Maps were here at the beginning.

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
It was final release of GDR2, with minor jump from first version of GDR2 (8.0.1327.xxxx to 8.0.1328.xxxx) Not sure what about PR2.0|Lumia Amber. It was stable and approved version, but as it's not released to public via OTA, they still got time to implement minor changes. Current version is 3047.0000.1328.3002. I guess they will, as pre-installed apps are partly outdated - old Highlights, old Creative Studio, Here Drive+ as Beta, old Nokia Care and no Glance Screen, Double Tap To Wake, Lumia Color Profile, Storage Check without updating system apps (info+extras|display+touch) I believe they will change it with final release, adding the newest updated apps/system apps.

Edit: It was said that Amber will bring
* Here Maps v3.4,
* Here Drive+ v2.2,
* Here Transit v3.5.
So, I had no Transit at all, and outdated Drive Beta, but the newest Here Maps were here at the beginning.

good stuff!! My maps and drive were already those versions pre gdr2, I'm running os 8.0.10328.78 and fw 3047.0000.1326.2004, so my firmware might need updating or is it 132x for different countries??

Dylan O Brien

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
They had the new firmware on Nokia's servers for a day last week so I downloaded it using Nokia care suite and saved it to my hard drive, good thing I did because they pulled it the next day, the same thing happened in a good few countries

well how would I flash it? Should I? The only games in worried about losing progress on is Halo Spartan Assault and Angry Birds Star Wars. I saw this guide here on keeping game saves: http://www.wpxbox.com/sideloads-importing-game-saves-into-windows-phone-8-from-windows-phone-7-5/ is it helpful at all?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
good stuff!! My maps and drive were already those versions pre gdr2, I'm running os 8.0.10328.78 and fw 3047.0000.1326.2004, so my firmware might need updating or is it 132x for different countries??

Last part of firmware's revision number is various - carrier/country etc.
And this part you're asking for depends on phone's model. For 920 the newest one is 3047.0000.1326.xxxx; for 820 it's 3047.0000.1328.xxxx; and for 620 it's 3046.0000.1329.xxxx :)

+ GDR2 numbering depends on device: for Lumias it's 8.0.1328.78 for HTCs and Samsungs it's 8.0.1327.77

Edit: Edited FW revision numbers.

Last edited:

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Last part of firmware's revision number is various - carrier/country etc.
And this part you're asking for depends on phone's model. For 920 the newest one is xxxx.xxxx.1326.xxxx; for 820 it's xxxx.xxxx.1328.xxxx; and for 620 it's xxxx.xxxx.1329.xxxx :)

+ GDR2 numbering depends on device: for Lumias it's 8.0.1328.78 for HTCs and Samsungs it's 8.0.1327.77

ah sweet I've a 920 so its all good! You seem to know your stuff anyway! Thanks a mill !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo