Should i get the 925?

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Where I live Google Map does not have a voice-guided navigation so it is useless. You can use Waze but it needs a data plan.
There is no Flipboard on Windows Phone. I like Flipboard on my Android tablet. On the other hand, Microsoft's Bing News app for Windows Phone is a good app to keep you updated because you can customize it to display local news as well as international news. The layout is also nice and clean.

Perhaps you should get both:)

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
And there is also surfcube 3d browser, its very good with much options and customizations... Its just need a little time watching video tutorial how to use....

kanishka007

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok so i got the l925 and this is by far the sexiest device i have ever seen. Apparently one of the first in Mumbai ;)

i have couple of issues. When the screen is completely black i see some dark patches around. This happens when a settings is loading, the background is black on these occassions and then i see some extreme dark patches. Under normal colours they don't appear.

secondly i am unable to get access to nokia music unlimited. Now this is ridiculous and one of the primary reasons of purchase.

any advice?

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about the Nokia music thing; I haven't tried it and I'm in the US. But the dark patches happen on AMOLED screens. My Lumia 900 had them, and I was surprised since I though AMOLED was supposed to be perfectly black, but I guess when the whole screen is dark you can get patches of more and less black. I don't know if all AMOLED screens do this or it's a slight defect in some though. But if you search around you'll find other people who've seen the same thing.

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
So is that a problem or i will have to live with it?
So you get the 925 at last !! :smile:
Do you have Nokia account ? Try logging on Nokia Music website with your Nokia account from PC first. Then after some hours try to use Nokia Music from Phone.
I have used Nokia Music on Lumia 710 which I borrowed from a friend to feel Windows Mobile OS for 2 months.

kanishka007

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
According to these forum users (AMOLED has black spots in the dark) it's pretty normal if you can only notice it in a dark room when the screen is black but on (as when you are loading something). Is that what you are experiencing?

Exactly Dalek. Thats the thing which is happenig. I have the option to get the device replaced in next 24 hours. for that I need a certification from the Nokia care and then show it to the dealer. Thats a longer issue.

I have another small problem. The back plate is perfectly in position but at top right corner I feel i can press it a little. Its not visible but it gives that feeling. I have to now think of all the hassles ofleaving office early for the replacement

Vyenkatesh: I purchased from Ghatkopar east. Got a DC16 free. Colour is black :)

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Exactly Dalek. Thats the thing which is happenig. I have the option to get the device replaced in next 24 hours. for that I need a certification from the Nokia care and then show it to the dealer. Thats a longer issue.

I have another small problem. The back plate is perfectly in position but at top right corner I feel i can press it a little. Its not visible but it gives that feeling. I have to now think of all the hassles ofleaving office early for the replacement

Vyenkatesh: I purchased from Ghatkopar east. Got a DC16 free. Colour is black :)

the two issues you have are normal, live with it, it will not affect your experience, mine has 8 black dots and i can press the back plate top right and below right and below left, its good and its just annoying you because everyone here on wpcentral is a geek looking for perfection (just like me) 😄

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
the two issues you have are normal, live with it, it will not affect your experience, mine has 8 black dots and i can press the back plate top right and below right and below left, its good and its just annoying you because everyone here on wpcentral is a geek looking for perfection (just like me) ��
Correct husam2277 !! We always look for perfection so even small difference makes us uneasy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers