Nokia Lumia 928 currently FREE! Is it not selling well?

staticz

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Finally picked up a 928 today at my local vzw corporate store. Spoke with an awesome sales rep who claimed to be activating several 928's everyday. I asked him how many they move and he said 'a lot of 928s but not many of the 8x.'

While I was waiting for him to grab mine I listened to another rep try to persuade a kid to go with android instead. He stuck to his guns and got a 928 as well :D

diego15nets

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a 822 (has served me really well), but this is steal for a premium device like the 928 (32 gb built-in, beautiful screen, wireless charging, xenon flash). Reading about the improvements GDR2 brings to the device made me order a black 928. Hopefully the OTA update is available soon so I don't have to manually flash it.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
About 2 years ago, my wife and I went from an old LG sudo-smart phone to a Windows 7 Phone
She was complaining that no one had one, why would she want one.
She wanted an Android or iPhone. I told her, no.
We got 2 HTC Arrive from Sprint.
She was still complaining a bit about she being the only one that had this phone.
So, fast forward to now.... We switched back to Verizon and the 928, she loves her Windows Phone.
Her mom is staying with us for a bit, and she was given an Android.
My wife sat down with this phone and started trying to use it.
Should be easy right? Nope, this thing is a nightmare compared to the new Windows Phones.
We handed her mom my wifes 928 and she loves it, but is not able to switch to it as it has been too long, she is stuck with the Android for 2 years. And she is really disappointed, she would love to have the 928 right now.

Moral of the story?

Windows Phones do in fact smoke the competition in flexibility and ease of use.

So what if the other guys have more apps, that doesn't mean jack in the long run.

If you are deciding on a new phone, do not hesitate to seriously consider any Windows Phone 8.
The 928 is an excellent product, and the Windows Phone OS is an excellent choice.

The new Amber Update has also made this phone even better.

pechio

May 19, 2013
Visit site
About 2 years ago, my wife and I went from an old LG sudo-smart phone to a Windows 7 Phone
She was complaining that no one had one, why would she want one.
She wanted an Android or iPhone. I told her, no.
We got 2 HTC Arrive from Sprint.
She was still complaining a bit about she being the only one that had this phone.
So, fast forward to now.... We switched back to Verizon and the 928, she loves her Windows Phone.
Her mom is staying with us for a bit, and she was given an Android.
My wife sat down with this phone and started trying to use it.
Should be easy right? Nope, this thing is a nightmare compared to the new Windows Phones.
We handed her mom my wifes 928 and she loves it, but is not able to switch to it as it has been too long, she is stuck with the Android for 2 years. And she is really disappointed, she would love to have the 928 right now.

Moral of the story?

Windows Phones do in fact smoke the competition in flexibility and ease of use.

So what if the other guys have more apps, that doesn't mean jack in the long run.

If you are deciding on a new phone, do not hesitate to seriously consider any Windows Phone 8.
The 928 is an excellent product, and the Windows Phone OS is an excellent choice.

The new Amber Update has also made this phone even better.
Don't you forget to mention that the windows phone 8 does not wirelessly sync music?

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Don't you forget to mention that the windows phone 8 does not wirelessly sync music?

I don't see that as a show stopper.
If others do, so be it, I think that would be a dumb decision.

However, you can synch through Bluetooth with a Surface Pro to the Lumia 928, I would assume other devices.
You will have to pair them, they will not stay connected, but once paired
You can use the BlueTooth icon on the Surface Pro to send and receive files via bluetooth, to and from the 928.
You can also select several files to send at once from the Surface to the phone, They will all go where they are supposed to
The process can be slow with large files, but it does work.

You can also receive files, but you can only do one files at a time.
So, while this is not full Wireless Synch, there is some capability to Bluetooth for this purpose.

Last edited:

P O

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
sarcasm. VZ introduced the 928 mid May as a $99(with contract) flagship windows phone. Less than 3 months later VZ's flagship is free.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos