FB nokiaone says GDR2/amber to release end of aug/early sept

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I saw an article on GSMArena saying the same thing.... Now the question is, how much time the carriers will test and then release it.....

thegamevg

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if that looks like an official page to be honest...
It could mean that the update will FINISH rolling out by the end of Aug though..

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
This can only be carriers being a pain.

We've already seen various devices launch with the current update, and a couple of carriers seem to be releasing the update, so its not Microsoft/Nokia at fault.

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
if this is the case then oh well... i'm certainly not by any means in a hurry... but what if your device is unlocked like mines (920 on TMo)... i'm guessing it will still be carrier specific huh?

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have to say, this may be the one thing that drives me away from Windows Phone to the iPhone. I love my Lumia 920, just like I loved my Samsung Focus, but I had really expected Microsoft to have learned from the update problems that plagued WP7. I know that they have made some improvements, and I certainly feel that Portico was released in a timely manner, but now we're back to the same story with (what I presume to be) carrier interference. At least with Apple you know there is a yearly update cycle and it's handled directly by Apple instead of going through the hands of the provider.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
if this is the case then oh well... i'm certainly not by any means in a hurry... but what if your device is unlocked like mines (920 on TMo)... i'm guessing it will still be carrier specific huh?

Yes, I believe so... In other words, you'll be waiting on AT&T while I'll be waiting on Rogers.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
So only 1 person questions the validity of this FB account while everyone else goes on a rant against Microsoft and their carrier. Talk about selling people a bridge.....

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
So only 1 person questions the validity of this FB account while everyone else goes on a rant against Microsoft and their carrier. Talk about selling people a bridge.....
I also read in a post online maybe its true and if it is now you will know why all the rants against Ms and carriers

WPer

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you search for "gdr2 att date" on Google and open the FB link shown in the result, you will find it reasonable to blame the carrier. Well, of course, assume that what that guy said was true.

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
We've got to get in mind that carriers want to people to buy new handsets not to keep them, so there's your logic :p
Is it unfair? Indeed, but there's nothing we can do at the end :/

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Well, we do see what appears to be a repeat of the Mango rollout queuing up again. Based on prior experience and what we actually do know, I don't think some of the opinions to be far fetched. Certainly, we're better off than Android users have been, but I see value in Apple's approach.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb