920 with gear display not initializing

jnbnb

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I?m (or maybe was) a proud lumia 920 user. My brother wanted to change his 620 for my 920. So we decided to buy a lumia 925 for me, for giving my 920 to him.
So today, when the lumia 925 has arrived, I decided to restore the initial configuration of my lumia 920. It was lasting a lot of time doing that,(more than 30minutes) with the black display with those 2 white gears so we have pulled out the sim of the 920 to put it to the 925 while it was with the gears.

After all the afternoon the 920 continues with the gears and we have tried the hard reset but It continues with the same display.

I need some help. I don?t want to send it to Nokia because now we have the holidays to soon, and we want our pureview cameras.. I?m waiting to drain the battery so that we can try a hard reset again.

Thanks

Jon
:unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy:

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
damn.. sounds like you bricked the phone bud... :( when you said "configuration" meaning what exactly?.. you should have just done the "Transfer My Data" by connecting 2 phones via bluetooth and let it do the rest.. not sure what else you did there.. unless you tried messing with the systems applications but i highly doubt that wasn't the case.

jnbnb

May 16, 2013
Visit site
with configuration I mean to initial setup, because I want it as a new phone to give it to my brother. The battery has drained but now it is the black screen and nothing else.

jnbnb

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what's the firmware. I am in spain It is a unlocked red lumia 920 bought from expansys. it comes from france.

jnbnb

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Could you help me finding my firmware version? spain. red lumia 920. unlocked. bought in expansys. it came from france

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what's the firmware. I am in spain It is a unlocked red lumia 920 bought from expansys. it comes from france.

- soft reset at the gears (has un soft reset en la pantalla con los engranes)
- After restart, at the Nokia logo, press Vol up -> Vol down -> power button -> vol down (En cuanto se reinicie, cuando veas el logo de nokia, presiona Vol arriba, Vol abajo, bot?n de encendido, vol abajo)
- You'll see the gears again, but wait for 5 min and it will restart (Aparecer? de nuevo la pantalla de los engranes, pero espera 5 minutos y va a reiniciar)
- Now, you must see the setup screen (ahora ver?s la pantalla de configuraci?n).

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Don't worry, your phone is just bricked, it's easy to fix if you follow the steps..

try xpider_mx post, if it don't work, follow this guide:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...after-reset-flash-process-defined-inside.html

PS:

remember, you can't download firmware via navifirm anymore, so you can follow this guide to know how to download your firmware:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f299/download-official-nokia-firmware-without-navifirm-1664264/

PS?: remember that if your phone is rm-821, you will use rm-821 instead of rm-820 in the ''how to flash'' guide

and say welcome to your 920 again =)

jnbnb

May 16, 2013
Visit site
that's not working! ;(
- soft reset at the gears (has un soft reset en la pantalla con los engranes)
- After restart, at the Nokia logo, press Vol up -> Vol down -> power button -> vol down (En cuanto se reinicie, cuando veas el logo de nokia, presiona Vol arriba, Vol abajo, bot?n de encendido, vol abajo)
- You'll see the gears again, but wait for 5 min and it will restart (Aparecer? de nuevo la pantalla de los engranes, pero espera 5 minutos y va a reiniciar)
- Now, you must see the setup screen (ahora ver?s la pantalla de configuraci?n).

jnbnb

May 16, 2013
Visit site
thank you!
but I don't knows what's the firmware that I have to install.
Don't worry, your phone is just bricked, it's easy to fix if you follow the steps..

try xpider_mx post, if it don't work, follow this guide:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...after-reset-flash-process-defined-inside.html

PS:

remember, you can't download firmware via navifirm anymore, so you can follow this guide to know how to download your firmware:
:Download Official Nokia firmware without Navifirm - GSM-Forum

PS?: remember that if your phone is rm-821, you will use rm-821 instead of rm-820 in the ''how to flash'' guide

and say welcome to your 920 again =)

Rob van Uden

May 16, 2013
Visit site
that's not working! ;(
Did you press the buttons separately? I've had exactly the same problem as you describe, and this worked for me.
Nokia logo in screen: press volume up, release
Press volume down, release
Press power button, release

Quite fast, but note the _release_ part.

Flashing will make you lose your warranty, so this is the better option which actually just has to work...

jnbnb

May 16, 2013
Visit site
but it continues with the gears, I can't see nokia in the display. When the battery drains I only see the battery icon charging.
Did you press the buttons separately? I've had exactly the same problem as you describe, and this worked for me.
Nokia logo in screen: press volume up, release
Press power button, release

Quite fast, but note the _release_ part.

Flashing will make you lose your warranty, so this is the better option which actually just has to work...

Rob van Uden

May 16, 2013
Visit site
but it continues with the gears, I can't see nokia in the display. When the battery drains I only see the battery icon charging.
If you reboot the phone (press and hold the power button and the volume down button at the same time for +/- 10 seconds), does it start with the two gears or do you first get the Nokia logo for a little while?

jnbnb

May 16, 2013
Visit site
first the nokia logo for a little while.
btw how can I know my product code?
thanks
If you reboot the phone (press and hold the power button and the volume down button at the same time for +/- 10 seconds), does it start with the two gears or do you first get the Nokia logo for a little while?

Rob van Uden

May 16, 2013
Visit site
first the nokia logo for a little while.
btw how can I know my product code?
thanks
So when the NOKIA logo is on the screen, press the buttons in the order I mentioned. This really helps, I had exactly the same issue as you describe, this was the only thing which worked for me.
Try it! You will see the gears again after you pressed those buttons, but just for a couple of minutes instead of forever.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
thank you!
but I don't knows what's the firmware that I have to install.

no problem, plug your phone to the pc and run nokia software update for retail, maybe if your phone is detectable, it will tell you the product code (which you'll use to download the firmware) or even unbrick it automatically if ''update'' button is avaible for your phone..

edit: you can put amber firmware to your phone as well, I made it and it was the best thing I've done!

if you don't feel comfortable or you didn't find your product code for your cellphone, install amber firmware (your phone will be restored), look for the product code at nokia software update for retail (it will find this time, your phone is fully working) and will tell you your phone's characteristics (imei, product code..) and then you flash it again with the original firmware for your phone =)

jnbnb

May 16, 2013
Visit site
thanks!
Finally I flashed the device with Nokia Care because Nothing else worked. I used a windows 7 laptop because with XP it couldn't detect the phone.

:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss