Huge Amazon device sale! Shop all the discounts now

My wife drop her 920 for the umpteenth time but this time the concrete won. Shattered the screen good. I was wondering if they broke. Anyway I had insurance (for once) so I filed a claim. I called them up to finalize and was told a red HTC first would be shipped out. What the f***??? I had not heard of a HTC first but was told by the rep that it ran the same software. I explained I want a Lumia 920, anything but black. All they have is black of course. So I am going to get the phone and hit the att store and do some ******** and hopefully get a different color( or a 1020 haha). If this does not work out I need a good case. Long story short anybody have a good suggestions for a colorful case that is not to bulky? By the way the HTC first is a midrange android, I would have been pissed.
    08-13-2013 08:38 PM
    I wonder if you could keep and repair your 920 and except and sell the HTC...... Just a thought :)

Sent from my still in one piece 920
    08-13-2013 08:43 PM
    my wife has this one and it held up nicely on several occasions. Last time it hit the floor screen first, flat on from 3 feet onto laminate floor. I could hear the case dampening the landing. It's not thin, but not bulky either. if it doesn't hit anything sharp, bulging then it should survive a fall onto the front side as well. No guarantees of course. If it falls onto a rock screen first that is smaller than the phone it will break. We also put a screen protector onto hers just in case to prevent scratches. My wife has the phone everywhere together with other sharp metal objects.
    08-13-2013 09:02 PM
    I wonder if you could keep and repair your 920 and except and sell the HTC...... Just a thought :)

Sent from my still in one piece 920
    Nice... I like were your head is at. I think they want the broken phone back, but nice thinking.
    08-13-2013 09:09 PM
    my wife has this one and it held up nicely on several occasions. Last time it hit the floor screen first, flat on from 3 feet onto laminate floor. I could hear the case dampening the landing. It's not thin, but not bulky either. if it doesn't hit anything sharp, bulging then it should survive a fall onto the front side as well. No guarantees of course. If it falls onto a rock screen first that is smaller than the phone it will break. We also put a screen protector onto hers just in case to prevent scratches. My wife has the phone everywhere together with other sharp metal objects.
    That looks like a pretty good case. Has it scuffed up the phone housing at all? That is exactly what I was looking for I just want to trade the phone in eventually so I don't want to scuff it up.
    08-13-2013 09:12 PM
    By the way the HTC first is a midrange android, I would have been pissed.
    The correct term is 'The Facebook Phone'. Feel quite sorry for you, because I would demand an equivalent replacement, not some cheap storeroom junk.
    08-13-2013 09:26 PM
    The correct term is 'The Facebook Phone'. Feel quite sorry for you, because I would demand an equivalent replacement, not some cheap storeroom junk.
    Ya didn't take the HTC. Got a lumia on the way. But I will be having words with att. I researched the HTC, I friggin couldn't believe they tried to pull that crap off.
    08-13-2013 09:52 PM
    Ya didn't take the HTC. Got a lumia on the way. But I will be having words with att. I researched the HTC, I friggin couldn't believe they tried to pull that crap off.
    That was a crummy HTC Android. They're just trying to clear it out, since it's already discontinued. It was one of the biggest flops of many of HTC's flops.

For someone who is prone to dropping things, I'd suggest an Otterbox case. Yes, they are rather bulky, but they do the job.
    palandri likes this.
    08-13-2013 10:34 PM
    .... I'd suggest an Otterbox case. Yes, they are rather bulky, but they do the job.
    +1
    08-13-2013 10:41 PM
    Nokia's own silicon cases are very nice though I don't know how much protection they'll offer for the screen. They add hardly any bulk and come in a wide range of colours. You can hardly tell that you've got a case on with one of them.
    George Jenkinson likes this.
    08-13-2013 11:05 PM
    That looks like a pretty good case. Has it scuffed up the phone housing at all? That is exactly what I was looking for I just want to trade the phone in eventually so I don't want to scuff it up.
    no scuffs, no discoloring. I also have the Nokia case but I know that this wouldn't have saved my wife's phone like the Incipio did. I have the Incipio Dual Pro when I go biking or hiking, but you asked for something that is not bulky. It's still less bulky compared to the Otterbox though and is made from a soft silicon inner shell and a hard outer shell, shock resistant....excellent reviews on Amazon.
    metalchick719 likes this.
    08-13-2013 11:20 PM
    That was a crummy HTC Android. They're just trying to clear it out, since it's already discontinued. It was one of the biggest flops of many of HTC's flops.

For someone who is prone to dropping things, I'd suggest an Otterbox case. Yes, they are rather bulky, but they do the job.
    I remembered the Facebook phone once I started looking it up. Att signed me up with this insurance they get to hear me bi itch:-). The phone is tough as hell, my wife is just a little bit rough on phones ( under statement). I've dropped mine several times and it looks like brand new. I just need a little buffer. Otter box is a solid brand, I don't think she would like the bulk though. If she breaks another one, bulk won't matter and o think otter box could go through a war.
    Last edited by christenmartin; 08-14-2013 at 09:41 AM.
    08-14-2013 08:18 AM
    no scuffs, no discoloring. I also have the Nokia case but I know that this wouldn't have saved my wife's phone like the Incipio did. I have the Incipio Dual Pro when I go biking or hiking, but you asked for something that is not bulky. It's still less bulky compared to the Otterbox though and is made from a soft silicon inner shell and a hard outer shell, shock resistant....excellent reviews on Amazon.
    Thanks . Ordered.
    08-14-2013 09:42 AM
    I have the Incipio Dual Pro case for my 920. Love it.
    Derausgewanderte likes this.
    08-14-2013 09:48 AM
    Do you have an ATT service center in your area? You can call your local ATT store and they should know. Its faster than dealing with the ATT store and ATT by phone. Besides, the ATT store will direct you their service center anyways for exchanges after 30 days of purchase.
    08-14-2013 09:51 AM
    Does anyone have the Incipio feather case or the casemate naked case?
    08-14-2013 11:30 AM
    Does anyone have the Incipio feather case or the casemate naked case?
    I have the feather case. My phone fell many times. While the case protectcs the side, the top and bottom and front of the bezel is not protected.

I'm currently waiting on my cc1043. I do like the material of the feather case though, and It HAS protected my phones alot of times on wet surfaces or if I have oily/greasy /dirty hands. The dirt it accumalates can be easily wiped off.
    08-14-2013 11:49 AM
    Do you have an ATT service center in your area? You can call your local ATT store and they should know. Its faster than dealing with the ATT store and ATT by phone. Besides, the ATT store will direct you their service center anyways for exchanges after 30 days of purchase.
    All the att store can do is file your claim. Once I get the phone that is not the same one I insured I will kick some azz at att. Haha
    ninjaap likes this.
    08-14-2013 12:09 PM
    I have the feather case. My phone fell many times. While the case protectcs the side, the top and bottom and front of the bezel is not protected.

I'm currently waiting on my cc1043. I do like the material of the feather case though, and It HAS protected my phones alot of times on wet surfaces or if I have oily/greasy /dirty hands. The dirt it accumalates can be easily wiped off.
    Did your phone or screen take on any damage when you dropped it with the feather case on?
    08-14-2013 02:54 PM
    Yes. My screen has cracked twice. But my phone has fallen many times. The majority of the phone body is in good condition because of the case. There are a few knicks on the front. But if you are looking for a protective case. This is not it.

I'm satisfied with the results. at the end of the day, these things are not indestructable.

My LCD is fine, just the digitizer is broken and it works as normal.
    08-14-2013 03:15 PM
    Well Att was a bust. Why are so many people that work at mobile phone stores jackasses? I had to leave before I got up in his azz :-). I have found that insurance is great if you break your phone right out of the box, but not really useful overall. I do not feel like spending the next month fighting with insurance about getting a different color. So cancel and get a case. Att sucks. Good times.
    08-14-2013 04:00 PM