Nokia Music - Says am in UAE!?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I opened an account with Nokia (Lets call it 'A'), somehow I selected UAE back then, added this UAE account to my Nokia Music and realized it'll do me no good.
Created another account (Lets call it 'B') with India as my country, verified the account.
Added the account 'B' and saw music titles from UAE and payment in AED (UAE Currency).
Went to Nokia site, logged in to Account 'A' and changed country to India and logged into account 'A' in the phone, all I see is AED Currency, no matter what account I use.
How do I fix this?

P.S. - Please don't ask me to format the phone, am not doing that. I will try to reinstall the music app to see how it goes.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
If you update your country settings for your Nokia Account, you will no longer have access to any Nokia Music credit or Nokia Music+ subscriptions belonging to the original country. To regain access you will need to change back again.

Change back again to what? :s?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
If you update your country settings for your Nokia Account, you will no longer have access to any Nokia Music credit or Nokia Music+ subscriptions belonging to the original country. To regain access you will need to change back again.

That makes sense because each country has their own DRM laws.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

It sounds like the settings need to be changed back to the original country (in your case UAE). However, I don't think it would affect you, since I doubt if you have any UAE credit cards.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like the settings need to be changed back to the original country (in your case UAE). However, I don't think it would affect you, since I doubt if you have any UAE credit cards.

Removed the Nokia Music, reinstalled. Was signed in with Account "A" all time, nothing good done.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Removed the Nokia Music, reinstalled. Was signed in with Account "A" all time, nothing good done.
What happens if you delete Account "A"? I wouldn't think you would lose anything, since you couldn't buy any songs with an account that has a currency you do not use.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Solved,
Removed account "A"
Uninstalled Nokia Music
Soft Reset
Reinstalled Nokia Music
Created a new account alltogether
Activated Nokia Music Unlimited
Ripping songs while I speak