NFC file transfer

Tonchi91

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I was trying to send a picture with my L820 to Samsung Galaxy S4 that my friend have. We tried to accomplish this with NFC because I think that we are the only ones in the friend group that have that technology so we were giving a shot. When I am trying to send a picture to his phone he only gets some wierd URI. And when he is trying to send me a picture I am getting a message that I can't open that file. Now, he told me that he was reading somewhere that our NFC devices in our phones are not compatibile. Can that be right? Or is there an other reason for our failures?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah your friend is right - Different NFC protocols and different Bluetooth protocols as well - at the moment NFC only really works with devices of the same type.

Well it did anyway may have changed now tried NFC'ing a picture when WP8 first came out between a lumia 920 and an 8x - it didn't work then and my NFC has been turned off ever since.

Tonchi91

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
This is stupid. NFC should be standardized. Bluetooth is standradized. I think that only iPhone devices have issues with Bluetooth compatibility. But I have never had some problem with sending anything with Bluetooth in my entire life.
So, now I know that I can turn off NFC so my battery could live longer.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This is stupid. NFC should be standardized. Bluetooth is standradized. I think that only iPhone devices have issues with Bluetooth compatibility. But I have never had some problem with sending anything with Bluetooth in my entire life.
So, now I know that I can turn off NFC so my battery could live longer.

Yeah you would think that. Its still an emerging technology so there is hardly anything that its useful for on phones at the moment. All NFC does on phones for file transfer at the moment is act as a handshake to create the Bluetooth link. There are tags that you can program to do stuff with NFC but they only operate basic functions

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12