Lumia 928 ROM 3045.0000.1328.2046 (Amber), flash via NCS

Harmdizzle

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
i'm having issues flashing the rom. I have the update downloaded and in my programdata/nokia/etc folder, and i'm running the NCS product support tool for store 5.0. i open product, select RM-860. i can see the new rom, but when i click update list, the start icon stays greyed out. any ideas? am i missing a step?

a104u2nv

May 14, 2013
Visit site
same issue here I have tried and been through walkthroughs etc. however it ends with the same dead end as you are.

suggestions?

Harmdizzle

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
same issue here I have tried and been through walkthroughs etc. however it ends with the same dead end as you are.

suggestions?

brother figured it out -- in the product support window, switch the product mode pull-down menu from normal to test, and then eventually the start icon will work.

meathead88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey, can someone who just flashed their 928 try to download an app over cellular (wifi disabled) that is over 50 MB?

I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan.

I'd like to see if the straight Nokia ROM will allow larger apps to be downloaded over cellular because now anything over 50 MB, i need to connect to wifi.
Then we'd know if this is Verizon imposed or Microsoft/Nokia imposed.
Basically i want to be able to do everything over cellular, including syncing high quality movies and pictures i take with SkyDrive.... maybe check that option out to.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting this difference is a new feature, just a configuration limitation Verizon may impose to save their network.

Screen shots appreciated...

meathead88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this is not anything different then what you would get OTA.
I'm thinking that too but if it IS different, it would be a pretty huge discovery! Then everyone with unlimited data would surely be better off flashing than OTA.

I'm hoping someone will try and let us all know. (pretty please :cool:)

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking that too but if it IS different, it would be a pretty huge discovery! Then everyone with unlimited data would surely be better off flashing than OTA.

don't get your hopes up, its the same as what will be delivered OTA.

Aaron Bateman

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok... flashing now...

And what the heck just happened to the website? Lol. I refreshed and the theme changed?

*Edit* n/m I hit the mobile button... lol

WP8sNewest

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
i want to try nokia care suite but i cant seem to find version 5. Does anybody have a link to download it or know where to find it?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Either way, I'm totally gonna flash this thing (unless the OTA drops tonight..haha, not gonna happen.) So hopefully I can let you know.

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Looking to flash now but have some complications. I have the modified NCS from earlier in the thread and I'm following the tutorial also earlier on the thread. Here's where I'm at:

I downloaded all files from the OP. I then put the 4gb file in in the packages folder in prog data. Then open NCS. Then file>open product>rm-860. Then programming>recovery > update list.

Nothing happens when I hit update list. So I put all files from OP in packages folder. Still nothing happens when I hit update list. Then put in test mode...still nothing.

What am I missing fellas? Glad to hook someone up with a small PayPal donation if I can get it worked out in the next couple hours. Really need this to be able to test a WPA2 Enterprise network tomorrow.

wintrmte

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I think in the C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages folder, you need to make a folder called Products, then an RM-860 folder. Please the files in there:

C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-860

Once I did that, it did show up in the list, however, now I am having a problem (see next thread)

wintrmte

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Ok, downloaded all the files in the OP, followed the thread to make the C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Package\Products\RM-680 folder -- placed all the files in that folder, then tried the offline update mode.

Getting an error stating that the .vpl file has an invalid signature? I've downloaded all of the files again (except for the 4GB FFU file) and still get the error.

Any thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion