What's wrong with my search?

hammerhand

May 27, 2011
Visit site
My Bing search updated back in July and everything was fine until a week or two ago. Now when I search instead of the nicely formatted results I have the pivot labels across the top and a smaller version of them vertically along with a search box and "submit query" button. I tried rebooting, doing the volume down + power button thing, and so far nothing has worked. Don't wanna do a full reset. Any ideas?
wp_ss_20130814_0002.jpg

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
wow, that does look weird. can you post what were you searching for when you got those results, will try to replicate it and see if the issue persists on my phone as well

cchylton

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
hammerhand,

got the same problem on my nokia 822. no idea, assume its something that came down with the Amber update. I've tried the same solutions as you have, including clearing both Bing/Search history as well as dumping all the browser history, etc. Short of resetting, not sure what to do at this point. Still digging.

cchylton

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
um, no, its not a feature. did you read the first post and look at the picture? our rendered results do not look like the engadget link you posted. it obviously a screw up on how the page of results are rendered, probably a CSS issue (assuming the Bing app is HTML5/CSS).

cchylton

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Problem seems to have resolved itself overnight. Still had this going on yesterday at lunch. This morning, search is back to being correctly formatted, no extra junk at the top. Image and Video results are now cleaner, aligned, and sharper. No updates to my phone, so must have been coming from the Bing server/search content.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire