Battery died while charging

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I know the 920 is well know for slow charging and sudden rapid battery discharge but today it actually died on me while charging.

With nothing major running in the background that I'm aware of I noticed my phone when into low batter mode. There wasn't a reason think it should happen because it had only been off the charger for 4 hours. I put it on the charge and the charging indicator came on. After 10 minutes it powered down and then went into the "off but charging" mode.

Epic Pie

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Make sure that you are using a stable power source, and try performing soft reset (down volume button + power button, hold it until it vibrates)

Last edited:

KKRLessey

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Do a soft reset. My 920 when I restart it while charging, it causes the empty battery indicator to come on after the restart. And the battery is sometimes full. The soft reset fixes it.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Do a soft reset. My 920 when I restart it while charging, it causes the empty battery indicator to come on after the restart. And the battery is sometimes full. The soft reset fixes it.

A soft reset wasn't really necessary. The battery drained dead while it was charging. Which does a phone reset. It has gone from 0% around 2PM up to 77% at 4PM so I suppose that isn't too slow. It's still plugged in to the same cable it died on.

I think it was whatever causes the random sudden battery drains some of us get. The phone was draining faster than it could charge. When I had a battery graph running I caught a few of those drains on the graph. It practically makes a vertical dive on the graph instead of a gentle slope. All this while nothing of significance apparently running in the background.

I've seen the charger sometimes not able to keep up with Here Drive running.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss