LCD replacement

Kaaosaste

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, sorry for the long post, I just want to give as much information as possible.

I bought a Lumia 820 at the beginning of this year. After about three months, I dropped it, cracking the screen. The cracked portion of the screen was unresponsive (which included the three bottom buttons), but the rest of the screen still responded to touch. I looked into repairing it and ended up finding a really helpful video on youtube. I ordered a new digitizer, and was able to repair it successfully. Yay.

Last week, I dropped the phone again, this time causing a crack that runs completely down the front of the screen. The screen is completely unresponsive this time; no portion works. So, I again bought a replacement digitizer, which came today. After replacing the cracked screen, it is still completely unresponsive. The display is working fine, I just can't access any tiles, menus, or the three bottom buttons.

My question is, is it possible that the LCD needs to be replaced as well? I had assumed that since the display was working properly, that the LCD was undamaged.

So, the ten peso version: I broke the screen, the display still works, but my phone is completely unresponsive after replacing the digitizer.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It's entirely possible that the LCD is broken this time. Look around on ebay I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get replacement LCD's just as easily as you can get replacement digitizers. If you manage to repair it, have you considered getting a case for the phone to stop the damage breaking your screen?

Kaaosaste

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
It's entirely possible that the LCD is broken this time. Look around on ebay I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get replacement LCD's just as easily as you can get replacement digitizers. If you manage to repair it, have you considered getting a case for the phone to stop the damage breaking your screen?

Thanks for your response. I was hoping to not have to buy the LCD, but it's looking like I will have to bite the bullet and do so. And yes, a case is definitely on the list of things to buy as well :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss