Updated to Amber? Post thoughts here!

rynthnyltrr

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
but 1 thing i'm really disappointed is the music / videos hub. it is still very slow and always hang for about 2 to 3 seconds when selecting an album, artist or song. if you compare it to music / videos hub of wp 7.5 i gotta say wp 7.5 is a lot faster and it never hangs. i can't understand why music / videos of wp 7.5 is better than wp 8.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I get to #2 of Running Nokia Suite and downloading the firmware and am stuck. it seems as if Nokia Care Suite isn't recognizing my phone being connected, nor has it ever seen my device. ?
make sure you have installed all the proper Nokia drivers, if you don't it won't recognize

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm really interested installing this because I NEED group texting and FM radio (never mind the other upgrades to the OS) and I am sick of waiting for Verizon. I have downloaded all the files from Nokia's site.

Has anyone figured out how to do a upgrade, saving game saves and other settings ? If so, can someone write up a quick clear directions on how to do it ? If it has been posted, I might of missed it, so a link would be helpful.

Really dont want to lose my game saves and Microsoft's backup does not back them up.

Thanks !!!

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I'm really interested installing this because I NEED group texting and FM radio (never mind the other upgrades to the OS) and I am sick of waiting for Verizon. I have downloaded all the files from Nokia's site.

Has anyone figured out how to do a upgrade, saving game saves and other settings ? If so, can someone write up a quick clear directions on how to do it ? If it has been posted, I might of missed it, so a link would be helpful.

Really dont want to lose my game saves and Microsoft's backup does not back them up.

Thanks !!!

Use Nokia Software Updater. Works great and it downloads and installs it automatically!!. There is a checkbox that you could uncheck and it "may" save your settings. No one has tried it yet, but I will later today with another phone.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Use Nokia Software Updater. Works great and it downloads and installs it automatically!!. There is a checkbox that you could uncheck and it "may" save your settings. No one has tried it yet, but I will later today with another phone.

Post back with your results, I really want to do this but, I cant lose my game saves (way too much time will be lost).... I miss having a rooted WP7 device sometimes, there was a tool that would backup EVERYTHING, all settings, game saves, etc. Just install your rom, install your apps/games, then resore your backup, Even your logon to Facebook and twitter was even there...nevermind EVERY game save....too bad :(

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Post back with your results, I really want to do this but, I cant lose my game saves (way too much time will be lost).... I miss having a rooted WP7 device sometimes, there was a tool that would backup EVERYTHING, all settings, game saves, etc. Just install your rom, install your apps/games, then resore your backup, Even your logon to Facebook and twitter was even there...nevermind EVERY game save....too bad :(

I used the Nokia Software Updater for Retail, but it would NOT let me uncheck the box to wipe user data. There it say in all it's glory just wanting me to uncheck it, but alas I could not. Hopefully somebody can figure it out, or Verizon will just push the update shortly for you.

DrFate

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Is FM Radio support suppose to be include in the Amber update? I thought originally it was, but I'm not seeing an option under the Music app.

reversalagent

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I would also like to know about the FM Radio as well. I thought these updates allowed this feature. Also, and I might be completely mistaken, but didn't Nokia, with Amber, upgrade the Bluetooth component to be 4.0 with these updates as well?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte