Updated to Amber? Post thoughts here!

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Hrm, did notice one thing that I can't figure out. I use Simple Calendar for my calendar. Prior to the update it had no problem showing my shared Google calendar. However, now it will not show it.

Not a WP8 problem as much as maybe Simple Calendar doesn't have support for CalDAV yet? Anybody else in my situation so I can verify it just ain't me?

P.S. I'll probably just add my gmail account back as an ActiveSync account for now since Google hasn't killed it yet. That will be a workaround I suppose.

western_riders_dad

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this thread is a good place to ask this question, or if I should have created a new one, but...

I haven't flashed a WP8 phone before. If I understand this though, once a phone is manually flashed then it no longer will recognize future OTA updates? Or do I have that wrong? I'm just wondering if I need to downgrade to the current released build in order to receive future OTA upgrades, how / where do I obtain the firmware I'm currently running (1532.5957.1318.3021)?

Thanks in advance!

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this thread is a good place to ask this question, or if I should have created a new one, but...

I haven't flashed a WP8 phone before. If I understand this though, once a phone is manually flashed then it no longer will recognize future OTA updates? Or do I have that wrong? I'm just wondering if I need to downgrade to the current released build in order to receive future OTA upgrades, how / where do I obtain the firmware I'm currently running (1532.5957.1318.3021)?

Thanks in advance!

hey, don't worry it will recognize OTA updates, for actual Firmware. No matter if you flashed Russian phone with Canadian FW.. it will receive OTA updates meant for Canada

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site

Thanks in advance!

It's live on Verizon now. See the other thread.

The1Weapon

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it's just me, but I'm sensing a little bit of sluggishness post-update on my 928 that wasn't there before. It doesn't happen everywhere, but for instance, if you go to the regular camera app and bring up the menu, it stutters and such on it's way in and out of view. I've noticed this in a few other small areas as well. I'm wondering if maybe that's one reason why they gave the 1020 2gb of ram (other than the photo processing it has to do).

Also has anyone noticed any practical improvements to IE? I believed they mentioned something about slightly better HTML5, but I guess it was so slight I shouldn't expect to be blown away.

GoinOnTilt

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I've updated OTA and had no issues. Camera seems much more responsive as does the rest of the OS. I've sent a group chat and still received replies only as individuals. But...here's my steps:

1. Sent group chat
2. Checked if group chat was on (it was not) and switched it on before receiving any replies
3. Replies came back as individuals, not in the group chat :(

I've sent another group chat out now that I've got it turned on...but have yet to receive responses...so we'll see :/

Other than this...I'm not sure what I should expect different with the update. If people could chime in and tell me how/where to see changes, that would be fantastic.

Aaron Bateman

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if it's just me, but I'm sensing a little bit of sluggishness post-update on my 928 that wasn't there before. It doesn't happen everywhere, but for instance, if you go to the regular camera app and bring up the menu, it stutters and such on it's way in and out of view. I've noticed this in a few other small areas as well. I'm wondering if maybe that's one reason why they gave the 1020 2gb of ram (other than the photo processing it has to do).

Also has anyone noticed any practical improvements to IE? I believed they mentioned something about slightly better HTML5, but I guess it was so slight I shouldn't expect to be blown away.

My phone is way smoother now. IE renders faster. I did a wipe and refurb though.

thesmithiz

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I did the OTA a little while ago and all seems good so far. ProShot makes the camera button very sensitive, keeps taking pictures if I use it with case on. Any guesses why Verizon left the FM radio out? Not a real big deal but seemed like a cool feature to have. Double tap and peek are great to have. So far thats all I have had time to mess with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb