Updated to Amber? Post thoughts here!

pechio

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft! - you are supposed to add features not subtract, missing FM & wireless sync.
Now I am forced to continue carrying around my old Droid Thunderbolt to complete my "modern technology" experience with Lumia928 (I'm glancing over it in disbelief).

Here is a phone# to Nokia given to me by Verizon 888 665-228 to look for FM.

Last edited:

Rein

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Pro Cam doesn't work at all for me. :( As soon as I take a picture it blinks and then quits to the start screen. Restarted my phone to see if that would do anything and it didn't help.

EDIT: Okay, now all of a sudden it's working. However, now I noticed that my photos live tile only displays those weird stock images that come with the phone and there seems to be no way to change it back. :\

Last edited:

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Easiest way is to just go into your call history, hover over the number and select "Block Number" from the menu.

Find on Page may be new to me.

Didn't seem to block calls from a number, just texts (tried on my other cell phone). It doesn't seem to realize (123)-456-7890 is the same as 123-456-7890

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
ok, I found the update for extras and info and got the sms/call blocking.]

How about the brightness? It seems to be dimmer in the dark (on auto). That's fine for me because I always thought it was much too bright in the dark.

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I swear the phone's touch screen feels less responsive now... Suddenly I'm finding myself going back and retyping word because it didn't recognize my key press. I'm probably overreacting but it just feels different

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Pro Cam doesn't work at all for me. :( As soon as I take a picture it blinks and then quits to the start screen. Restarted my phone to see if that would do anything and it didn't help.

EDIT: Okay, now all of a sudden it's working. However, now I noticed that my photos live tile only displays those weird stock images that come with the phone and there seems to be no way to change it back. :\

Unpin and pin the Photo tile back. Same thing happened to me.

cue_man

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I just got the OTA update for my Lumia 810 today. I ran the update, and everything seemed fine until i started touching my tiles. Upon hitting a tile, it would act as if it were going to open the application, but then just return right back to the home screen. I called my provider and basically all they suggested was a master reset.

I master reset the phone, and when it powered back up, it didn't even walk me through the whole getting started thing, it went right to the lock screen. When i swiped the lock screen away, my home screen had just one tile on it, the data sense tile (which I guess is new because I've never seen it before). Thats it. I tried reseting it again but got the same result. Anyone else have this problem with the OTA update?

Rein

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Did you also try choosing the background picture again? That's weird, besides those two and a restart, I don't know what else could fix it.
Just tried and it didn't work either. I wonder what's up? Maybe it'll resolve itself like the camera did. Thanks anyway!

Edit: Seemed to fix itself after I chose "shuffle background" and then picking "choose background" again. Yay!
Edit 2: Ugh, nevermind. It seems to only be stuck on shuffle now, going through all my photos in camera roll. Boooooo!

Last edited:

Twice Born

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft! - you are supposed to add features not subtract, missing FM & wireless sync.
Now I am forced to continue carrying around my old Droid Thunderbolt to complete my "modern technology" experience with Lumia928 (I'm glancing over it in disbelief).

Here is a phone# to Nokia given to me by Verizon 888 665-228 to look for FM.

this isn't a Verizon issue. Check the specs on Nokia's website. 928 does not have an FM chip. Can't enable a function that isn't supports by hardware.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I love being able to block calls. I was always baffled that we couldn't.

But my Cobalt is now purple. It looks fine in the Color Settings, but even if I go 100% cool the Cobalt seems way more purple than it used to be.
Try adjusting the Screen Color Temperature -- just a thought. . .

pma

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I love being able to block calls. I was always baffled that we couldn't.

But my Cobalt is now purple. It looks fine in the Color Settings, but even if I go 100% cool the Cobalt seems way more purple than it used to be.

My Cyan looked like crap. I boosted the saturation all the way to vivid and boosted the temperature two notches up to warm from neutral and now it looks decent. Took me a few tries to get it satisfactory.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes it does...can set lock screen time out to never or 30 min

Does the Amber update increase the standby time on the display from 5 minutes to 10, 30 and never like on the HTC 8x? This was one of my main gripes about the 928. Hard to listen to music while driving when the display turns off and you have to hit the power button every 5 minutes just to skip a song. I would appreciate it if someone could check under display settings. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes