Updated to Amber? Post thoughts here!

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
If you HAVE a PIN/PW set and hit the camera button you can take pictures without unlocking the device using the stock camera app. Very handy when you want to take a quick pic.. Using the Pro Cam app as the default, it will prompt you to enter your PIN before being able to take a picture.

gotcha, thanks for clarifying. good thing i find punching in a pin every time i unlock my phone to be a hassle and so i never set that to be on lol. wonder when MS will implement the picture password to WP like on W8.

xyhchina

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
FM radio is built in MSM8960 chip, an integrated part, and you cannot strip it off the CPU. So no matter whoever said Lumia 928 does not have FM radio, they are all simply wrong.
this isn't a Verizon issue. Check the specs on Nokia's website. 928 does not have an FM chip. Can't enable a function that isn't supports by hardware.

Adanma Anji

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
WP_20130817_00_01_54_Smart.jpgvia smart cam
WP_20130817_001.jpg via native camera app

l920 updated to amber via OTA today, installed nokia pro cam and nokia smart cam via the store link

noticed that the smart cam takes blurrier pics than the native camera app ( hav attached the pics )

tried del n reinstalling the smart cam but ended up with the same results
anyone else notice this ???

pro cam is a bit better than the smart cam app but m guessing thats due to my photographic skill n knowledge, but smart cam shuld atleast take better pics than the native app !

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I tried group chat, but responses are coming back individually.... Advice?

Make sure it says "MMS" below your text before you send it. I had a problem with that at first when I restored my L928 from a L620 backup (with the MMS settings turned on). Think I restarted or soft reset the phone when it didn't work, and when I tried again, it worked properly. If you can't get it working, call Verizon as they can usually play with things on their end to reset the MMS settings

baboss

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Anybody notice that the Nokia calendar, clock, email, and message tones in Ringtones & Sounds are all different after the update? Almost like they're sped up and higher pitched. At least for me.
It sucks and I've missed a few text messages because I couldn't hear the Nokia Message sound.

pechio

May 19, 2013
Visit site
How is FM modern technology?

:amaze: that's the point
PS.HD Radio is the trademark for iBiquity's in-band on-channel (IBOC) digital radio technology used by AM and FM radio stations to transmit audio and data by using a digital signal embedded on-frequency within a station's standard analog signal. It was selected by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in 2002 as a digital audio broadcasting method for the United States, and is the only digital system approved by the FCC for digital AM/FM ----and Zune has it----

Cindy_H

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Booooo!!! After changing the default camera app to Pro Cam, you can no longer unlock straight to the camera w/out a password.

I am not prompted for a password...I set Pro Cam to launch with camera button press. Do you by chance have a password set to unlock your phone?

:wink: I should have finished reading all the posts. Looks like you guys already figured out the password thing.

mentalpixels

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
The Pro Cam app is awesome... I can get DSLR quality looking pictures with my phone so now I wouldnt have need to regret not having my dslr with me on occasions where I wanna take an amazing picture...

Shot with the Pro Camera edited in Creative Studio

WP_20130815_23_43_36_Pro20130815234828.jpg

alfonskr

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
OH MY GOD YES! I am so frustrated with it!! It just sounds so off after months of having the same text tone for it to be so sped up now (I had a L822 at launch). I hope it goes back to normal, or I forget about it in a few weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb