GDR2 Amber hitting Telstra branded users in Australia tomorrow

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Although already a day late from their original August 14th estimate, Telstra has said that GDR2 will hit Telstra branded 920s tomorrow morning (August 16th). Good news for us Aussies who were beginning to question whether we'd see the update at all this month.

'The Lumia 920 GDR2 update will go live from tomorrow morning (16 August). It was approved by Telstra on 5 August.'

Handset updates - 18 July - Page 9 - Telstra Crowdsupport - 172420

Can't wait.

Ftruck90

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Excellent news for Telstra 920 owners. Kudos to Telstra for being so on the ball compared to other carriers. I'm a 920 owner and a Telstra customer but my 920 is an unbranded one :( . On the bright side I had an hour spare today and was bored so flashed the French Amber ROM. Everything is running smoothly and am finding Glance and Double tap to wake to be more useful than I initially thought they would be. Will be flashing back to an Amber ROM for Aussie unbranded when it becomes available though, hopefully not too long now that Telstra is rolling theirs out.

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
There is news that amber comes to india ota tonight, so india may be the first, or sonehow finland gets it too :)

And darren it would be cool if we all could get it tonight

imem

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Now plz come on amber to finland, i dont know how u can forget ur hometown, we need to be first, come on give us amber today

agee
I'm in Sweden and I'm still waiting on the update I have a unbranded 920 best phone I ever had
Finland is a awesome innovative country many good things I use Daily is made by Finland company's

mark nt

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Flip to licence?? Think that's a typo...flip to silence...mean when your phone rings turn it over and it stops the audible ring but lets the phone still ring out had it on my L800 and also on my L925

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Flip to licence?? Think that's a typo...flip to silence...mean when your phone rings turn it over and it stops the audible ring but lets the phone still ring out had it on my L800 and also on my L925

Yes I know, I was being sarcastic :excited: If you read the full changelog they do list Flip to silence as well as Flip to license.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo