Nokia Lumia Amber Update India

nautanki_saala

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
You are lucky. You can manually flash it via Nokia software update for retail.for details MSG me. I did mine on 5th August (lumia 920).will send u the links.its easy and safe but just one risk you will lose all your data,apps,but u can re install them,ur contacts are saved on ur live I'd,picture videos on slydrive.for me it was not a big pain.the leaked firmware was the official one.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

1. Is Nokia Software Updater an Official Software of Nokia?

2. Do we get Official g2rd *** amber update or some unofficial version?

3. Does warranty get void?

4. Will I receive future OTA updates?

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
1. Is Nokia Software Updater an Official Software of Nokia?

2. Do we get Official g2rd *** amber update or some unofficial version?

3. Does warranty get void?

4. Will I receive future OTA updates?

This is not a leaked firmware. You will get official gdr2 followed by official amber
Since this is an official version(and not android) warranty does not get void
You will definitely receive other OTAs
Sorry for the late reply
Was at school

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok people
Start comparisons now

haha lets start :D but what should we compare off camera boo the previous one was nothing compared to pro cam,smart cam,glance screen,flip to silence class,fm radio,double tap to unlock screen,call blocking,html5,skype voip support latest ms office,bug fixes pheww what else we need . the previous one was missing all these

VinaySC

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
As per Nokia, the Amber update for 520 and 720 are WAITING FOR APPROVAL.
And that for 820 and 620 is listed as COMING SOON

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I only have 2 issues maybe someone feels the same.

1.I don't like that the glance screen is always on while charging over night. The feeling that the screen is on all night long isn't the best.
2.In settings menu if i try to scroll up or down slowly before it starts to scroll there is a slightly stuttering/chopping. I'm sure this wasn't present before the Amber update.

Did anyone experienced the same with the scrolling issues. Thanks.

PARESH PATEL3

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
guys let me tell u ... i got a confirmation from top officials from nokia about the amber update but only for LUMIA 920 for today .. next one to follow is lumia 820 but when will it come is not yet confirmed ... lumia 520 , 620 , 720 users need to wait for some more days .. as of today its only lumia 920 .. check out this Availability in Asia Pacific - Nokia

PARESH PATEL3

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
dude there's no confirmation for lumia 820 update today i.e 16th august .. they r saying that it will b rolling out today evening but only for lumia 920 .. and ur question is tht can i receive it on my lumia 820 ? .. nokia is saying yes but when tht is a question mark ......

chandra mohan

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
guys let me tell u ... i got a confirmation from top officials from nokia about the amber update but only for LUMIA 920 for today .. next one to follow is lumia 820 but when will it come is not yet confirmed ... lumia 520 , 620 , 720 users need to wait for some more days .. as of today its only lumia 920 .. check out this Availability in Asia Pacific - Nokia

L920 of which country tat update is rolling out days ...

Chand Darling

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
2 major issues in the amber update for L920 India:

First is the search engine bug where the option to change to Google isn't there..

Second is Internet sharing has been deactivated...error is INTERNET SHARING ISN'T CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

I hope nokia is aware of the problem and resolve it soon....

It's not a search bug, but there are two UI for bing they know that they kept Bing search engine only.

About internet sharing, they didn't deactivated, make sure you have enough data balance, You can't start Internet sharing with out having data plan.

danish319

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
It's not a search bug, but there are two UI for bing they know that they kept Bing search engine only.

About internet sharing, they didn't deactivated, make sure you have enough data balance, You can't start Internet sharing with out having data plan.

Why for Indian users only?? Someone else from another country posted that he has two options google and bing...Its either a bug or nokia is out of its mind to do something like this. Browser is practically unusable now!

I have a 3G data plan n sufficient balance...so yeah that is not the problem.. Can someone please check and let me know if they are facing similar issues...thanks

Chand Darling

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Why for Indian users only?? Someone else from another country posted that he has two options google and bing...Its either a bug or nokia is out of its mind to do something like this. Browser is practically unusable now!

I have a 3G data plan n sufficient balance...so yeah that is not the problem.. Can someone please check and let me know if they are facing similar issues...thanks

If you have data balance then it should be not a problem, See if you can browse on your mobile or not.

About bing, It's just not only for india but it is same for global expect one country ( May be they missed to update )

ajeesh yacob

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
wat i learnt is some kinda war going on between google and microsoft. and i don know how many of u r aware that the official youtube app released 2 days back has been blocked by youtube n now it s unavailable at store.i ve installed it.
so i guess MS took off google search engine. no prob with it because bing cam compete with google and nokia has nothing to do with this.. because after gdr2 update the option to choose between google or bing was there which went off after amber update.

ajeesh yacob

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
2 major issues in the amber update for L920 India:

First is the search engine bug where the option to change to Google isn't there..

Second is Internet sharing has been deactivated...error is INTERNET SHARING ISN'T CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

I hope nokia is aware of the problem and resolve it soon....

internet sharing is not deactivated.. it s there..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786