Questions about L720

Abhishek Belkar

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
1) Im using Airtel 3G net on L720 in mumbai.
After using for less than 6 hrs my battery drains to 10%.
is it normal??:unhappy:

2)The earphone which r got with L720 are not good. At high volume, sound is very low as compared to samsung earphones.
Is it faulty one??:cry:

3) The camera is taking great picture when my lens of camera is straight . But as soon as i take the lens to upward directon (to the sky in morning n evening it takes blackish pics.:unhappysweat:

Pulserider

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi there.

1) For how long do you have your Lumia 720? If this is a brand new phone this could be possible, because when you receive the new phone it is not fully charged and then it is normal what you describe. After a few charges the battery should reach its potential. If your phone is a giving you battery life of this for every day, then you might have a faulty unit.

2) It depends, but can't comment on that.

3) Is your photo settings correct? Did you change it perhaps? Maybe reset the camera settings to default and make use of the auto setting?

Hope this helps.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
battery life improved in my brother's 720 after 1 month of use ...he is mostly using 2G

Then your brother changed the way he uses his phone. Lithium Polymer and Lithium Ion batteries do not improve 'after a few charge/discharge cycles'. This is a myth.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
1) For how long do you have your Lumia 720? If this is a brand new phone this could be possible, because when you receive the new phone it is not fully charged and then it is normal what you describe. After a few charges the battery should reach its potential.

No it is not normal. Lithium Ion and Lithium Polymer batteries do not improve with use. They are at their full potential from the very first charge. What does change over time is the amount of 'fiddling' people do with their phones. They fiddle more when the phone is new, and less after a few days/weeks. Therefore the battery lasts longer after a few days/weeks because people stop fiddling with there phones so much.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
1) Im using Airtel 3G net on L720 in mumbai.
After using for less than 6 hrs my battery drains to 10%.
is it normal??:unhappy:

No, it's not normal. I easily get two full days from my Lumia 720 with light to moderate use.

Possible causes are:
  1. you're simply using your phone a lot and running games, watching hours of videos or the like and that's draining the battery.
  2. there's an app (like the old version of WhatsApp) that you've downloaded and it's poorly designed or is crashing and is causing excessive power drain. Check what's allowed to run in the background and start uninstalling any apps you've downloaded one at a time and see which one is causing the problem.
  3. the OS has become corrupted (it does happen) and you need to do a full factory reset to reinstall it.
  4. the phone or battery is faulty - go to the retailer or Nokia Care to get it fixed or a replacement.

2)The earphone which r got with L720 are not good. At high volume, sound is very low as compared to samsung earphones.
Is it faulty one??:cry:

Not much you can do about this. All earphones are not created equal and Nokia doesn't supply particularly good ones with the 720. But it's a budget phone, so to be expected really.

3) The camera is taking great picture when my lens of camera is straight . But as soon as i take the lens to upward directon (to the sky in morning n evening it takes blackish pics.:unhappysweat:

Most cameras will have trouble autosetting exposure and white balance, etc. when pointed at the sky at dawn or dusk. You'll probably need to use some of the manual settings compensate if you want to get a good shot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12