question about flashing the Amber update

dayoungtx

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone. So I have seen lots of references to flashing the Amber update. I realize that doing it is an unofficial way of updating your phone and that you will loose all of your data. My question is, can you back up your data in advance and then restore it? What options are there to avoid a total loss and does loosing your data mean all of your contacts, past emails, etc?? Sorry for any apparent stupid questions. Still new to Windows Phones and not completely sure what the options are...

Thanks!

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone. So I have seen lots of references to flashing the Amber update. I realize that doing it is an unofficial way of updating your phone and that you will loose all of your data. My question is, can you back up your data in advance and then restore it? What options are there to avoid a total loss and does loosing your data mean all of your contacts, past emails, etc?? Sorry for any apparent stupid questions. Still new to Windows Phones and not completely sure what the options are...

Thanks!
Music, pictures/videos (they are saved to SkyDrive though) and app data will be deleted (game scores, pictures sent in whatsapp etc). Your incoming e-mails should be re-accessible from the servers, your SMS are backed up and your contacts are saved to the cloud if you use a Microsoft account.

But if you ask me: Just wait a few days and you will get the OTA update, which will update your device without any loss. If your device works well, you dont need to flash it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb