My 1020 should be in my hands today!

tgzgeorge

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Can't wait to get my hands on it! Purchase it direct from Negri Electronics in white. I'd like to purchase a case for it but whatever that's available in the market is not very appealing, does anyone know if this case is real or will eventually get sold? First glimpse at Nokia

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Would you mind posting details of how it arrived and what not once it does? I'm considering ordering from Negri due to my impatience with Rogers on any real details of the 1020s arrival.

tgzgeorge

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Would you mind posting details of how it arrived and what not once it does? I'm considering ordering from Negri due to my impatience with Rogers on any real details of the 1020s arrival.

Will do, I'm also with Rogers and just don't have the patience to wait.

tgzgeorge

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Thx

Yes I have a z10 and q10, those have been in the drawer along with my HTC one, ip5, nexus 4, and many others. Loving the WP platform.

Nik Kunkel

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
There's another thread where someone managed to figure out that if you used an app (Field Tester? or Access Point? I forgot) and forced it to use 3G instead of 4G (LTE) you could get internet tethering to work on unlocked modules. I'm at work now, but it's somewhere on the first page.

tgzgeorge

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
There's another thread where someone managed to figure out that if you used an app (Field Tester? or Access Point? I forgot) and forced it to use 3G instead of 4G (LTE) you could get internet tethering to work on unlocked modules. I'm at work now, but it's somewhere on the first page.

thx, yeah saw that thread but couldn't get it going. I get the error to "call att or dial 611"....

I'm with Rogers and I know my acct has tethering as I switched to my ip5, then to HTC one and finally to my z10.

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
thx, yeah saw that thread but couldn't get it going. I get the error to "call att or dial 611"....

I'm with Rogers and I know my acct has tethering as I switched to my ip5, then to HTC one and finally to my z10.

Did you have to jump through any hoops to get LTE working, or was data functional right at the start?

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
worked out of the box, but I also entered the Rogers lte apn just to be sure.

Mine just arrived. I also purchased a white 1020. I've got a black 920, time for something different. Thanks for all your help!

Oh and something quite cool I noticed while setting it up, and still have the 920 on, the 920 was also receiving text messages through the back-up sync in real-time. Also, hopefully there's a workaround for internet sharing soon.

Edit: Actually, follow the steps in this thread to enable internet sharing. I already had the Rogers APN in, just installing the app and launching it from settings fixed sharing. It also works for the 1020:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/211644-fix-lumia-920-internet-sharing.html

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786