My 1020 should be in my hands today!

tgzgeorge

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! that worked and all is well. Congrats on the purchase. I also ordered the camera grip from amazon but hell it cost me $150 with shipping/handling.

gvsbdisco

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
thinking of pulling the trigger on the 1020 as well. I'm also in canada. Anything not mentioned in the thread that i should be aware of before making the purchase?
thanks

tgzgeorge

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
thinking of pulling the trigger on the 1020 as well. I'm also in canada. Anything not mentioned in the thread that i should be aware of before making the purchase?
thanks

none, the only thing that gave me trouble was internet sharing but that's now fix including mms.

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
thanks....one other quick question ... who does negri use to ship to canada? can't seem to get an answer from them. Thanks.

FedEx. At least for the non-ground options. Though that one is probably also FedEx.

A quick note, pay the import fees by phone before it's delivered in case you're having it dropped off somewhere that you can't pay it on the spot (security desk was receiving mine). if you don't, they'll hold it until the fee is paid, then they'll make another attempt.

gvsbdisco

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Curious whether any of you Rogers users are experiencing issues with wifi with your at&t 1020s

When i press the lock button and then re-engage the phone, wifi still shows a connection but the phone cannot connect to the internet. To rectify I have to turn off and turn back on the wireless on the phone itself. Anyone else seeing this behaviour?

thanks

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I live in Europe and just got my hands on a black unlocked Lumia 1020 on ebay coming from the westcoast.
With customs duty it's still 160$ cheaper than a new one here in Europe where the release will be around mid September.
;)

tgzgeorge

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Curious whether any of you Rogers users are experiencing issues with wifi with your at&t 1020s

When i press the lock button and then re-engage the phone, wifi still shows a connection but the phone cannot connect to the internet. To rectify I have to turn off and turn back on the wireless on the phone itself. Anyone else seeing this behaviour?

thanks
No haven't noticed that

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
If I buy an unlocked AT&T phone and use it on Fido in Canada, I assume the phone updates would still come from AT&T. Is that correct? From what I've heard, AT&T is pretty terrible with updates.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss